Dec 2015 LSAT - Which 7sage course?

joma9933joma9933 Member
in General 47 karma
I only have 2 months until the test date. So I was wondering which course would be most beneficial to take? Would I have enough time to go through the LSAT Ultimate (the most recommended) in time.

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2015 7468 karma
    @jordan.marty99
    Don’t have nearly enough information. For starters, are you new to the LSAT? Have you taken a timed diagnostic? What is your goal score?
  • joma9933joma9933 Member
    47 karma
    I am relatively new, I began studying in a month ago. My timed diagnostic was around 145 before any studying and results from a Princeton Review practice test I took yesterday are pending. My goal score is 170 and I know I have my work cut out for me whether or not I take the course. But if it's possible to get through all the info presented in a course here, I would be more than willing.
    47 karma
    The score should come soon, I'll update.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    PR makes up their own questions for the most part so they are useless. If you are just getting started and shooting for a 25 point increase you really need a minimum of 2-3 months just learning the curriculum so you need to shoot for June 2016 with Sep/Oct and Dec 2016 as backups. If I were you I would buy the Ultimate or Ultimate+ pack now and then study hard through January and then start PTs with the intent of crushing June.
    7468 karma
    I’ll be honest. Very few people can go from a 145 diagnostic to 170 in 2 months. Very few can do it in 4 months. You have a lot of fundamental skill that you need to learn. Then you have to learn to apply those skills under an intense timed consideration. I think you have to re-think your overall time-line. There’s a reason JY says you should plan to prep for a year. I’m not saying that’s you, but it’s something you should definitely consider.

Either way, I’d say lose the Princeton Review book; none of their questions are written by LSAC (very important) and they call the LR section the “Arguments” section even though a good many questions have nothing to do with arguments. Get the 7Sage Starter and/or LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim and start learning your fundamentals.
    edited October 2015 47 karma
    Thank you for your honesty, I appreciate it! I'm not using the Princeton Review book (as prescribed by the forums here), I just took their free practice LSAT. Coincidentally, I've just ordered the LSAT Trainer. Your input has made me think upon investing more than I would have in 7Sage. As I've already signed up for the December 5th date, I figure if my diagnostic doesn't meet my goal close to test day, I can always cancel it and try for later test dates. (I thought I should also mention I have the privilege of dedicating most to all of my time to studying.)
    7468 karma
    the Ultimate +, you get the most bang for your buck. Plus, I think it’s on sale until tomorrow.

Welcome!
  • deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    393 karma
    @jordan.marty99 said:
    I thought I should also mention I have the privilege of dedicating most to all of my time to studying.)
    My suggestion: do what I did. Between February and June I did every preptest ever. Brought my score up hugely. It did cause me to burn myself out during that time, and I did not hit my preptest average on test day, but after taking it much easier between June and October, I'm really feeling my October test. I would suggest:

1) Do a real timed diagnostic now (a real test that is) from around the 50's-60's or so.
    2) Grade it to see your issues and where your score actually is.
    3) Do the basic lessons from 7sage
    4) Take another real diagnosis

Now you know what you really need to work on and can continue to learn fundamentals from 7sage. But I really think the most important thing is boatloads of real preptests. Theory is necessary but not sufficient.
    47 karma
    Just saw the last two comments but I took a prep test from June 2007 and got a 156. Also anyone thinking of going with Princeton Review, they didn't provide the score report I expected. My plan is to use 7sage to score and to ascertain what I don't understand, but I'll hold off since my score has steadily increased. I've been using the LSAT Trainer for the past two weeks paired with Blind Review and it's been working well. Thank you all again for your input!
    47 karma
    @josephellengar said:
    My suggestion: do what I did. Between February and June I did every preptest ever.
    I also just invested in most of the pretests ever and I hope you blew it out of the water!!
    edited October 2015 393 karma
    @jordan.marty99:

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I didn't blow June out of the water. I had been PT'ing around 176 prior to June, but due to total and complete burnout I got only 170 on that test.

However, here's what I learned: I had already done the work. So when I came back for October, I did not that many PT's between June and October and scored a

:) XD :) :) :)

So, my advice: take a break occasionally. The burnout is real. I should have gotten 176 in June. But the work sticks. For real. So it's a great strategy.
    393 karma
    Incidentally, the hardest thing for me when doing every preptest was to keep up my logic game skills. I actually felt them getting rusty because I was doing every test so mechanically. I did some preparation in the week before October just to clear it up and it did go more easily.

My one big mistake on the Oct test was missing a rule on one of the LG because I was moving too quickly. Fortunately because I had done so much, I still got a perfect score on that section.
    47 karma
    That's too bad... Especially since you clearly had the potential. I wish I had that sort of problem! Own your 170 despite the burnout, but thank you- I will keep that in mind.
    47 karma
    Oh wow, the last part of the comment went over my head. Congratulations! You must feel fantastic!
    47 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor

After not scoring so hot, I decided to take your advice. LSAT Ultimate is definitely worth it!
    7468 karma
    @joma9933 said:
    LSAT Ultimate is definitely worth it!
    Glad to hear it!
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    You won't regret it. There are just so many features from 7sage that make it amazing.
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    Hey, how do you guys do 5 part PT's if I may ask? Do you just take the standard PT and add an older section. I just want to get the timing right when I am a month out.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma
    Yep, I usually do it by starting with an extra RC section at the beginning just to really screw with myself.
  • texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma
    You are a lunatic. That crap is exhausting.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma
    Yep. Actually, my October 2015 real LSAT began with two consecutive RC sections! Always better to prepare for the worst!