Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will happen if i file a complaint? read this please lol

kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
edited October 2015 in October 2015 LSAT 697 karma
So I took the LSAT this past weekend and there were several procedural errors.
!) 2 students were admitted after the test books and answer sheets had been gicen out and after we had already bubbled in our names and wrote the statement. Nothing was reread to those who came in late.
2) The proctors forgot to tell us when 5 minutes were left for the first 2 sections
3) Because we weren't given the 5 minute warning for sections 1 and 2, one student requested if he could transfer answers from his test book to his answer sheet during the break(apparently he likes to answer all the questions in the book and then go back and fill in the answer sheet, but was unable to do so because he wasn't given the warning) SO DURING THE BREAK THE PROCTOR GAVE HIM HIS TEST BOOK AND ANSWER SHEET AND LET HIM WORK ON IT FOR ALMOST 10 MINUTES
4)Several people brought phones which were confiscated. However the phones were not turned off and several times they went off with emergency alerts( Took the test in Carolinas where it is flooding)

Comments

• kaytheehkaytheeh Member
    132 karma
    i don't know what would happen if you were to file a complaint but it all sounds sketchy. wtf. I would totally file one if this happened to me.
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    I WAS PRETTY PISSED
    697 karma
    I LITERALLY HAD TO SIT THERE AND WATCH AS THIS GUY WAS GIVEN HIS TEST BOOK AND ANSWER SHEET DURING THE BREAK AND ALLOWED TO WORK ON IT MORE
  • kmojorelikmojoreli Member
    118 karma
    I'd be pissed. That's also a terrible strategy to transfer all your answer choices in the end. However keep in mind that by filing the complaint you take the chance that they might cancel the entire rooms scores and offer a retake...so if you think you did well...
    edited October 2015 697 karma
    @kmojorelli I know...I wonder if they would tell me my score first
  • kmojorelikmojoreli Member
    118 karma
    I have no idea. Letting someone work with their test book and scantron for an extra TEN minutes is such an unbelievably huge violation though. It would probably help if you knew where they were sitting. The proctors draw out a diagram of where everyone was sitting so the LSAC can identify people if need be.
  • iryankees13iryankees13 Free Trial Member
    36 karma
    Annoying yes, but why let that affect you? That student taking that risk is really his own delimma and not really any concern. I'm sure those negative thoughts lingered for the last 2 sections. Plus while him scoring better may be aggravating it really doesn't play any role in your test or application process.

The other stuff however definitely I see some concerns. Phones ringing out be quite distracting. But if you have a watch a 5 min warning isn't necessary.
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    edited October 2015 246 karma
    If you complain your score will probably be either delayed or cancelled. If it is cancelled you'll never know what it was.
  • shainabarbershainabarber Alum Member
    109 karma
    I would file a complaint. The LSAT is only legit if the integrity of the test is maintained. Even if I thought I did ok, I would file a complaint. It's the right thing to do.
  • DrackedaryDrackedary Member
    239 karma
    Sorry to hear about this - I would be frustrated too. You can go ahead and file the complaint, but don't expect anything more than LSAC giving you the option to cancel your test score.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Wait until they release the scores and if you did poorly then file a complaint. This isn't the time for some false sense of nobility as you might hurt other people that took the test that day and not just yourself if you were to complain now.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2015 1489 karma
    From LSAC's website-

"Your complaint must be received by LSAC within six calendar days after the administration via fax, letter, or email. It is your responsibility to keep proof of LSAC's receipt of your complaint (i.e., a fax transmittal report); however, no such proof will be accepted beyond 14 calendar days after the test."

http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/policies/test-center-problem-policies
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    if you file a complaint you have the option to cancel your score (either way it MAY be delayed) and if you decide to cancel you will most likely be given a waiver to retake the LSAT for free (can't remember if you still get a count towards your 3)
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Thanks @brna0714 I had seen it misquoted as sixty and not six... So people have some decisions to make asap!
  • lschoolgolschoolgo Member
    274 karma
    @kennedybj
    you should file a complaint so that it's on the record.