Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overlook (NYC) meet up was fun!

ShirinnnShirinnn Free Trial Member
edited April 2014 in General 29 karma
Hello! My name is Shirin and I'm creating this discussion for anyone who was at Overlook last night and wants to keep in touch.

JY, thank you for organizing this amazing event, it was really awesome to meet you and everyone else. I left with new knowledge and insight, the phrase "LSAT employed" comes to mind.

Comments

• mzsheribaby2983mzsheribaby2983 Alum Member
    58 karma
    I had fun last night as well. my name is Sheri. I am taking June LSAT. Looking for a study partner to help motivate me
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Yo JY! You need to have one of these shindigs over here on the westcoast!
  • ArchiebootsArchieboots Alum Member
    155 karma
    So jealous! Why do I have to be in London? Hope you guys enjoyed it and did logic games for fun!
  • nmillmich25nmillmich25 Alum Member
    13 karma
    @mzsheribaby2983 Another member of this forum and myself (both taking June) are starting a PT review/study buddy group, email me at nmillmich25@gmail.com for more details
  • Help2222Help2222 Member
    240 karma
    It was fun! J Y is so natural in person!
  • Robin HoodRobin Hood Alum Member
    edited April 2014 11 karma
    How many people showed up last night at Overlook? I really wanted to go, but with working full time and coming from NJ, I was unable to make it, unfortunately. I hope everyone had a great time!! Cheers!!
  • retaker2014retaker2014 Alum Member
    edited April 2014 99 karma
    ^ Hard to tell. A lot of people came and went, and some stayed longer than others. Somewhere around 50.
  • ShirinnnShirinnn Free Trial Member
    29 karma
    It was fun, and there were quite a few people. Of course the standard question was, "so when are you taking it?" :)

@mzsheribaby2983 - I can't remember if we got a chance to meet, I was late for an hour.

@archieboots one does not simply walk into logic games for fun. Are you taking the LSAT because you want to apply to American schools or do you have to take it in England too (or did you mean London, Ontario)?

@rdelltownsel - He is, and he's so very nice, he even invited us to stay at his place when visiting Shanghai.

@Robin Hood - where in Jersey are you? We could be study buddies!
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14008 karma
    Hey guys! I just got to Vancouver yesterday and I'm trying to catch up with emails.

It was SO AWESOME to meet you guys in person!!! I wish I could do this every week!

Anyway, I'm also happy that you guys got the chance to meet each other. Exchange contacts, stay in touch! The LSAT's hard, Law School's hard, Life's hard and we could all use the support!
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited April 2014 6866 karma
    Echoing JY's sentiment - really fun to meet you all in person! And unlike our resident globetrotter, I'm here in NYC full time; I wonder if we could do something like this on a more regular basis. Also very happy to see some community ties and networks forming already from this meetup.

Study hard, study smart!
  • ArchiebootsArchieboots Alum Member
    155 karma
    Yes I work in London ("Mary Poppins" London, not in Canada) and planning to apply to American law schools. I do not know that many law students here but I believe that no equivalent of the LSAT is necessary to get into law school here. Can you imagine?! Lucky Brits.
  • Anthony LAnthony L Alum Member
    53 karma
    Hello all! I was at the event also! Happy to meet and everyone and will keep in touch.
  • Connie O.-1Connie O.-1 Free Trial Member
    12 karma
    @Jonathan Wang
    I agree we should definitly have these more often. Have any ideas on how best to go about this? I'd be happy to spear-head it! It was great to see both you and Ping!
  • ShirinnnShirinnn Free Trial Member
    29 karma
    @archieboots when are you planning to apply? and which lsat are you planning to take? sounds like you could avoid all this trouble with a british ls.

Hey Connie, I think we could have a 7Sage meetup group and do all kinds of social (and spirit uplifting) things. I'm thinking a hike :D
  • Dec 2016Dec 2016 Member
    33 karma
    I work in London too, all the lawyers (solicitors) here find the idea of having to take the LSAT hysterical... yeah, super funny
  • Connie O.-1Connie O.-1 Free Trial Member
    12 karma
    @shirin absolutely that sounds great!