Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review

ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
edited April 2014 in Logical Reasoning 210 karma
While Blind Reviewing the LR section, how exactly does every one shatter their previous line of reasoning and reinforce the new line of reasoning? I just want to make sure i’m approaching it correctly.

Here’s what i do.
For a weakening question, I re-read the stimulus and explain the underlying reasoning to myself. "The conclusion is….. the support is… the underlying assumption is….. answer A weakens it because …….and the other answers are wrong because….. You picked this answer earlier because (Most difficult part for me by the way)….. but its wrong because……”

Is this close to what everyone is doing? i want to make sure i’m getting this particular part of the process right.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited April 2014 3658 karma
    I maintain the two central prongs of getting an answer right:

1. The correct answer must be 100% correct.
    2. The other four answer choices must be 100% wrong.

If you still maintain your (incorrect) answer, review JY's explanation and see if you still maintain the same answer choice.

• Will EdwardsWill Edwards Alum Member Inactive Sage
    175 karma
    Your method sounds pretty thorough. The most important question is, does it work for you?

I had a lot of trouble with blind review in the beginning because under timed conditions I would make confidence errors or just misread something and be confident based on the misread. But I just kept trying to be more conscious of when a question was giving me trouble and when I needed to blind review. Even though I wasn't 100% perfect, the whole process made me better and now I can more easily know when I am not certain and I am more able to see the error of my reasoning when I am wrong.
  • E.T.90066-1E.T.90066-1 Alum Member
    377 karma
    When you do blind review, does it only apply to LR? Should one also do BR in LG and RC? And how would that work?
  • ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
    210 karma
    This method works for all sections really but for RC - The memory method and BR should go hand in hand and for LG, its the fool proof method!
    Thank you @willedward and @Al