Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I retake in December?

adrian.parlowadrian.parlow Member
in General 14 karma
Got my October score back, and it was more or less what I expected - 172. However, my average for the last 10 full, timed 5-section PTs was 176 and I hadn't score below 173 for at least 15 prior PTs. I slept very poorly the night before test day and was primarily caffeine-powered. I'm shooting for Stanford, and 172 puts me directly on the 50th percentile LSAT. My GPA is 4.03. My question is, if you were in my position would you re-take in December? I have both admissions and potential scholarships in mind. Thanks for the input.

Comments

• combswcccombswcc Free Trial Member
    37 karma
    Stanford seems much more concerned with soft factors and is thus considered an admissions "black box." If you have killer rec letters and a solid personal statement, I don't think it's worth it
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    Your numbers are competitive for HYS. Work on crafting a great personal statement and send in a great application.
    @adrian.parlow said:
    I have both admissions and potential scholarships in mind.
    HYS do not offer merit-based scholarships, so it doesn't matter what your score is.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    I say no retake. You're fine.
  • J.H. SongJ.H. Song Alum Member
    201 karma
    I agree with everyone else. At this point, I don't see the point in retaking. If your first choice was Harvard, perhaps it may be different. With Stanford (or Yale for that matter), I don't know if 173~5 will make that much of a difference. Focusing on getting the best application would be time better spent.