Ontario Law Schools -- Different due date for supporting documentation?

DropnikovDropnikov Free Trial Member
in General 20 karma
I've been trying to find an answer to this question for a few days now. I know that all Ontario schools have an application deadline of November 1st, but does anybody know if this extends to supporting documentation (transcripts, LORs) as well? I phoned the admissions offices at Queen's and Ottawa to ask this very question, but my call hasn't been returned yet. I know schools like UBC have separate deadlines (Dec. 1st for application, January 31st I believe is the deadline for supporting documents), but I'm not sure if that's a policy that only some schools have that the Ontario schools do not share. Thanks!

Comments

• Faaabs93Faaabs93 Alum Member
    edited October 2015 82 karma
    For Ontario based schools, everything is due November 1st.

It's best to tell your LORs that you need them to mail it by the 28th, to give a bit of time to get to OLSAS.
  • DropnikovDropnikov Free Trial Member
    20 karma
    @InsertPseudonymHere Thank you! That's what I suspected. I appreciate the insight.
  • banana123banana123 Alum Member
    28 karma
    @nick.sigouin In my understanding, when you submit your application on Nov 1. and pay the $12 transcript fee, OLSAS then requests transcripts from the universities. You do not request that transcripts be sent from your schools to OLSAS before Nov 1. On the other hand, LORs must be submitted by Nov. 1. Please do comment if you think this is wrong, but I believe this is the process. I was also confused about the transcript request.
  • DropnikovDropnikov Free Trial Member
    edited October 2015 20 karma
    @banana123 I don't think that is correct. I just pulled this information from the OLSAS application which says you must arrange to have transcripts sent to OLSAS from your schools's registrar's office:
    "Arrange with the Registrar's Office(s) of each university, college or CEGEP that you attended to send complete official transcript(s) of all course work completed to date directly to OLSAS, 170 Research Lane, Guelph ON N1G 5E2, by November 1, 2015 (first year) or by May 1, 2016 (upper year). Only one copy is required. Note: It is not possible to notify you of any outstanding transcripts at the time of the deadline."

However, if you attended a school in Ontario, then you can use the online transcript service. When you use this service, you "authorize the OUAC to arrange for your official transcripts to be sent to OLSAS and you do not have to contact the Registrar's Office directly."

The process is different depending on where you went to school, it seems.