Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scores after course content v after PT test

cbarker3241cbarker3241 Member
in General 22 karma
I took a few PT tests prior to starting the 7Sage course videos. I am not all but done with the course videos and ready to hit the PT tests heavily. After the first test I did not see my score go up. My question is... after watching the videos, is it typical to see one's score increase only after BR of the PTs? I guess I am just worried that the videos didnt have a redounding affect, and am looking to confirm my thought that it will take many reviews of tests to implement what I have learned...

Thanks for anyone's thoughts ;-)

Comments

• PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    I didn't start PTing until after I finished the curriculum, saw a 14 point jump on first PT compared to diagnostic. I'd suggest finishing the curriculum before jumping into PTs, otherwise you may be wasting good PT material.
  • cbarker3241cbarker3241 Member
    22 karma
    My post should read that I am all but done with the videos. It should not read that I am Not all done with the videos. Do you still think there is room for improvement based on taking a lot of practice tests to try to see where I'm not implementing the curriculum correctly, or should I repeat the curriculum and try to figure out where I went wrong that way.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    What’s your LG like? If you haven’t seen a huge jump in that particular score after completing the curriculum, you might want to do PTs 1-35 LG before going deep into PTs.
    22 karma
    My LG isn't too bad. Im slow with the boards, but get all the answers right for the first three games. Typically I can't finish the last board, but I am hoping that will come with getting faster. Its LR that is killing me. I am a slow reader so I have given up on the RC... I figure if I improve my LR/LG on the next text I can get the 7 point jump that I need.
  • PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    I saw additional improvements but the most drastic improvements came after I finished the curriculum. I did continuously refer back to the lessons though so don't stop going over them even after you are done the first time, a lot of stuff took longer to sink in for me.
  • 121 karma
    @cbarker3241 I wouldn't worry too much if you see a difference in your BR score. After finishing the curriculum I think your BR should be a lot higher than it was before because that shows you learned the material. The timed score may just be lower because you are not in practice of being under so much pressure to take show what you know but with time that will probably come up. I'm in a similar place as you but still have about 20% of the curriculum left. PTed this weekend and got the same score as my PT before I started 7sage but after I did PS bibles but my BR was 7 points higher than my timed test without even BRing games. I think you'll pull closer to your BR score with practice on timed tests but if you are BRing low than it is a sign you might not have learned much in the course and should review. Just my thoughts though.
    22 karma
    Thank you all so much!!