Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do we score the same with different questions? How does LSAC know individual weaknesses?

in General 199 karma
I'm curious to know why do certain test takers miss certain questions but get that same question type right on another question? Of course there are level of difficulties of all question types but how does LSAC know which questions students will get wrong vs what they will get right? How does LSAC know that students scores will be the same regardless to which test they take, even though the questions are different?

Comments

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    @"LSAT Determined" said:
    How does LSAC know that students scores will be the same regardless to which test they take, even though the questions are different?
    I'm not sure if they know the scores will be the same as much as they know the tendencies and weaknesses of the average test taker. These guys are extremely smart and are paid to trip us up. They know the weaknesses and tendencies we have and expose them every chance they get.
  • 199 karma
    How hard is it to get at least a 155 on the LSAT?
  • nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    349 karma
    @"LSAT Determined" I believe, but could be mistaken, that 155 is the average score. This should not be that hard to acheive. I would aim for at least a 160. You would be doing the same things in your studies anyway. What study materials do you have?
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    @nordeend said:
    but could be mistaken, that 155 is the average score.
    The average score has typically been around 151/152
    https://www.cambridgelsat.com/resources/data/lsat-percentiles-table/
  • deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    edited October 2015 393 karma
    The test is ideally scaled so that 150 is median. I think that lsac is constantly caught unawares though. They test the questions a few years in advance and people get a certain number right. A couple years later, people have learned to study more so get more correct. I think that's why the median is 151 or 152.