Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why the recent questions asked in the comment sections are not answered?

golmaryamgolmaryam Alum Member
edited April 2014 in General 22 karma
I just noticed that most questions that are answered by JY are the older ones, why no one is replying back to the newer questions asked?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Really? Where specifically have you noticed this?
  • ArchiebootsArchieboots Alum Member
    155 karma
    I think this question was asked earlier in the discussion forum, people noticed that JY was not answering and he eventually answered explaining that he does not always answer because he likes the "spirit of community" of this website, that is to say other people can help you out. If your questions is about a difficulty encountered with LSAT sections, then you might want to ask it in the discussion forum. If you are encountering a technical issue or need tutoring, email JY directly.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Oh! I misread that. I thought she meant that JY wasn't doing the newer explanations (videos). Yeah he said something about needing to focus more on the actual explanations. It seems Jonathan (another 7sage instructor) has taken up the mantle and is responding to the discussion forum threads.
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    JY did an admirable job for a long time (including answering questions on my videos - sorry dude!), but it ultimately just isn't possible for either of us to keep up with every question. I intend to be more active in the general discussion (thanks for noticing, Al), and I'll pop into specific videos and clarify when I have the time, but I generally share JY's point of view here. I think there is huge value in users assuming the teaching role and helping out their fellow student, and waiting for an "official" response effectively destroys that from both sides of the equation.