Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Write up of my study process?

nbrick11nbrick11 Alum Member
edited November 2015 in General 50 karma
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a write up of my experience/thoughts on studying for/taking the lsat. I got a 180 on the October test (still can't believe that happened and I keep thinking it's a mistake) and so much of the credit goes to the inspiration and helping words I found on this forum that I want to find a way to give back a bit, since I mostly lurked while studying. I wanted to gauge the interest before I spent a couple hours writing the thing, would people be interested in that? What would you want to know, if you are interested?

Edit: Here it is! http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/5889/journey-to-the-center-of-a-180

Comments

• 126 karma
    I would love one.
  • Julia LJulia L Alum Member
    edited October 2015 354 karma
    CONGRATS! yes please :)

i'd be interested in the key ideas/strategies that you think helped you learn most efficiently. also, mindset throughout prep and during the test!
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    Yes, yes, and yes please.
    Would love to hear about your general approach for each section, and details about plateau's and breakthroughs during the course of your prep. Congratulations on the 180, and enjoy having law schools make it rain scholarship money all over you.
  • mysojulimysojuli Alum Member
    98 karma
    Yes! Would love to read
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Congratulations on scoring 180, you should be very proud of yourself! Yes please nbrick11, that would be incredible if you could do that. If you could please also share with us what your original cold test score was and how long you spent studying. How many months, how many hours a day, and how many practice tests you did prior to the Oct exam. Any specific study techniques that you found helpful and what you think helped you the most with each section of the exam. Also if you have any specific advice on what you think others could do to increase their scores the most. Did you use the BR process?, drilling? fool proof method? etc. Thank you in advance for any tips or advice you could give the rest of us.
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    yes please & congrats!!!!!!
  • 121 karma
    That would be amazing. My biggest question would be: how did you conquer RC? Did you have to work up to it was in just a natural talent? If you had to work for it, what did you do? Because I SUCK at RC.
  • Julia LJulia L Alum Member
    354 karma
    also how you got through plateaus!
  • garvelo89garvelo89 Member
    35 karma
    I would love that! Please!
    Would love to read on your strategy and how you studied for this beast.
  • nbrick11nbrick11 Alum Member
    50 karma
    Great! I'll try to hit all the points you all mentioned here. I'll start it tonight and hopefully wrap it up tomorrow after work. If anyone thinks of something not mentioned above I'd be happy to incorporate that as well.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Thank you so much nbrick11, this is so kind of you to take the time out to help the rest of us. I really do appreciate it.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @nbrick11 said:
    I wanted to gauge the interest before I spent a couple hours writing the thing, would people be interested in that?
    YES!
  • MaritzaaMaritzaa Alum Member
    368 karma
    Please!
  • crushLSAT31crushLSAT31 Free Trial Member
    37 karma
    Yes please! I would love to know your prep for the last month! Since December is approaching :)
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Interested!!! Please let us know when it's ready :D
  • cyberta888cyberta888 Member
    12 karma
    That's Awesome!!! Congrats:))) Yes, would love to know!
  • m.medthomasm.medthomas Member
    4 karma
    CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm definitely interested in your strategy both during studying and during the test (especially handling the time consuming/difficult problems).
  • chloecastro91chloecastro91 Member
    7 karma
    Yes please im looking for a daily schedule breakdown...and how many practice tests did you take before? what was your PT Score?
  • sgaynorsgaynor Member
    4 karma
    Yes please! Congratulations :)
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Sure. Let us know when you get it together. Thank you for your effort.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
  • lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    I'll do anything a 180 scorer tells me to do.

Anything.
  • justrandomjustrandom Alum Member
    343 karma
    yes please!
  • Artwork94Artwork94 Free Trial Member
    140 karma
    Agreed. We need your help!
  • nickott10nickott10 Free Trial Member
    39 karma
    yes please, I know it would be greatly appreciated by us all! Congratulations on your 180, that is a huge accomplishment!!!
  • TakamineTakamine Alum Member
    154 karma
    Yes please! Congrats.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Added the thread @nbrick11 made with the write up to the first post! Also here:
    http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/5889/journey-to-the-center-of-a-180
  • nbrick11nbrick11 Alum Member
    50 karma
    Oops sorry I meant to comment it on here too. Thanks!