Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking...is there a problem

eostrelsyeostrelsy Member
in General 71 karma
Hi all! I have exhausted all test materials from 30 -75. I am redoing tests 50+ and plan for the December retake. Although I am doing these tests again, I am plateauing around 170. I wouldn't say that I remembered all the questions and answers but I think with this kind of performance I would not be able to score 170 in the real thing. Any thoughts on how to improve? Thanks!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    What are your BR numbers? You should ideally be in the high 170s if you want a 170+ on the real deal. What is your section by section breakdown on the timed retakes?
  • eostrelsyeostrelsy Member
    71 karma
    Thanks @Pacifico. RC is my worst section (-3 to -5) Two LR combined (-4 to -6) LG (-0 to -2)
    For BR I will get all games correct. RC almost does not change. (English is not my native English language. I really need to check how other ppl assess the passage to figure out how I understand it wrong.) LR I will improve for one or two points after BR. Any advice?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I would just add some RC sections as a fifth section and do 2-3 5 section timed PTs per week with excellent clean copy BR. Just work on really digging deep on the BR to find the patterns across questions and across tests so you can unlock a lot of the mysteries of the test, especially in the LR sections. And maybe throw on some audiobooks in the car just to passively improve your English.