Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trainer???

Martin01Martin01 Member
in General 343 karma
May I ask: what is the trainer?

Comments

• Julia LJulia L Alum Member
    354 karma
    The LSAT Trainer written by Mike Kim (co-creator of Manhattan Prep curriculum)
    http://www.thelsattrainer.com/

Super awesome book. Helped me understand more the big picture ideas especially for LR & RC. I did not use the LG strategies in the Trainer though, because 7sage was sufficient for my LG prep, but that's just me.
  • DaveH162DaveH162 Alum Member
    edited November 2015 221 karma
    You've never heard of the Sultan of Swat? The Titan of Terror? The Colossus of Clout? The King of Crash?

It's a book written by Mike Kim. You can purchase it off Amazon for about $40. Many people on here highly recommend it due to its clear, concise portrayal of its concepts. It's a pretty easy read and it has problem sets.

Most notably, it's known for its great explanation on Flaws. It really helped me to see how subjective question types have a flaw in the argument that needs to be assessed. In addition, the RC portion is phenomenal for its discussion on seeing the big picture of each passage and not getting sucked into details, as many do.

In my opinion, for only about $40, you're doing yourself a disservice by not getting your hands on it.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @DaveH162 said:
    You've never heard of the Sultan of Swat? The Titan Terror? The Colossus of Clout? The King of Crash?

It's a book written buy Mike Kim.
    Haha ... @mike how about these taglines for the 2016/2017 edition??
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @DaveH162 Is that a Sandlot reference??
  • DaveH162DaveH162 Alum Member
    221 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor haha yessir
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    @DaveH162 Is that a Sandlot reference??
    "You're kill'n me Smalls!"