Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to diagram this sentence??

DerekzzzDerekzzz Alum Member
Is there any quick way to diagram the following sentence during the exam? It takes me a lot of time to figure it out during PT.

If a sentient being on another planet cannot communicate with us, then the only way to detect its existence is by sending a spacecraft to its planet.

Comments

• aaabbbcccaaabbbccc Alum Member
    edited November 2015 136 karma
    "sentient being on another planet" + " cannot communicate" --> "the only way is a spacecraft"

I tried the Trainer, Powerscore and 7Sage for diagrams, and I found Powerscore particularly helpful to understand diagrams. But people's preferences vary, so I wouldn't say Powerscore provides the best instruction for drawing diagrams. So, you should try all methods available and see which one would fit you the best.

To draw diagrams quickly, you need to practice many times. I really promise you it will get better! The more you practice diagramming, the more likely you will be seeing patterns and you may not even need to diagram on paper during the timed exam.
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    If ~C--->Ss ; ~ Ss---->C
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    If a sentient being on another planet cannot communicate with us, then the only way to detect its existence is by sending a spacecraft to its planet.

/C --> S

All the other words are just junk. :)