Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

T14 Acceptance-- Thanks, 7sage!!!

NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
edited November 2015 in General 1654 karma
Hey all,
I just got accepted to Georgetown today. I feel so relieved that I am T14 secure. I feel forever indebted to 7sage because there is no way that my score would have improved so much without JY and Jonathan's curriculum, and the BR groups on Skype. 7sage has an amazing community, which has motivated me to challenge myself to work harder and harder. Trust me, if I can do it, all of you can do it. I scored a disappointing 147 on my diagnostic and scored a 167 on the October exam after 10 months of hard work. I am still going to retake in December because I was scoring in the 170s and I would like to receive $$$ from the T14. I hope that there are many more acceptances to come. For the people on 7sage who aren't scoring really high, don't give up hope. You, too, can break through your "glass ceiling" and reach your LSAT goals. I plateaued in the 160-163 range for nearly two months. It can be overcome. All it takes is motivation and a will to succeed. I hope other 7sagers have great results as well this application cycle as a result of all of their hard work.
#7sage
#BRcrew
#doyouevenLSAT?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited November 2015 3658 karma
    Congrats man! Upward defenestration! Yeah! :S
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Nice, Alex! Congrats!
  • Aaron HansAaron Hans Member
    14 karma
    This is an amazing accomplishment, Alex. Thanks for the motivation. Your story inspires me. Thank you.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Congrats dude! Good luck with December and scholarship negotiations!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @alexandergreene93 said:
    I just got accepted to Georgetown today.
    WOW CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    edited November 2015 1654 karma
    Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. The truth of the matter is that I couldn't do it without all of your help.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @alexandergreene93 said:
    The truth of the matter is that I couldn't do it without all of your help.
    <3<3
  • djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
    edited November 2015 75 karma
    Congrats Alex!!! That's awesome!

*Currently studying for December at GULC Law Library!! hahah it's an awesome school and my buddy who goes here loves the laid back atmosphere. Best of luck on all of your other apps, and let's kick some December-exam butt!!
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    @djkrd92 you probably saw me there... guy with the beard in the blue striped tee and jeans... that would be me... among the last to leave the damn library... I love it here... and @alexandergreene93 we've already talked but congrats again man.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Also.. at this point of time, the atmosphere isn't QUITE as laid back because of the "Spectre" (pardon the Bond pun... of exams looming in the backdrop but if i do well there, I still have the advice given by Larry on 7sage (when he was part of it) to thank :D . Also, completely unrelated... I think I might want to train for a triathlon in my 2L year :D
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @alexandergreene93 That's awesome news! Talk about keeping your eye on the prize... nice work.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Congrats! That something to be proud of. Best of luck to you in December and beyond!
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    Nice work Alex!! You deserve it!
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma
    Yeah, congrats Alex! :)
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    Yesssss. I love hearing positive stories like this. Congrats on your success and best of luck in law school!
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    GOOD JOB @alexandergreene93 ! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
  • neethusreeneethusree Alum Member
    30 karma
    that's awesome to hear. I also scored a 167 on the October LSAT and decided to delay my apps until after I get my December score, but maybe I should submit sooner!
  • MichaeLRMichaeLR Alum Member
    edited November 2015 24 karma
    Congrats! It's stories like these that really help out with motivation for me. Best of luck
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • tbram519tbram519 Alum Member
    77 karma
    Great job! If you wouldn't mind me asking, what was your GPA? I'm a fellow Georgetown hopeful with the same LSAT score.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Great job, congratulations!
    1654 karma
    @tbram519 said:
    Great job! If you wouldn't mind me asking, what was your GPA? I'm a fellow Georgetown hopeful with the same LSAT score.
    Degree GPA: 4.00
    LSAC GPA: 4.02
    1196 karma
    Does LSAC calculate a GPA? Where would I find what they calculated for me, if I go to the website? Thanks
    1644 karma
    @Sheri123 Yes. If you have the CAS and have turned in all of your transcripts, you should be able to find your calculated GPA in your account on the website.
    1196 karma
    Oh no, do schools look at our cumulative GPA or our degree GPA?
    1654 karma
    The cumulative gpa is what law schools report to the ABA and US News, so it's more important. LSAC uses grades from every single college course, even if you transferred and you gpa did not transfer.
    1644 karma
    Cumulative I would think. . That could be a good question for an admissions rep at the particular school(s) you're looking at though.
    1196 karma
    Does anyone know what the LSAT college mean is listed in the Academic Summary Report?
    1654 karma
    The LSAT college mean is the average LSAT of test takers from your college who took the exam in the last three years.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Congrats!
    1196 karma
    Thank you GSU Hopeful & alexandergreene93. Guess that means I need to score even better on the LSAT than I thought I did. I guess I should probably review how they came up with my cumulative GPA. Went from thinking I was going to be ok with a 3.44 to a 3.15. Maybe it was from when I was working full time & going to school full time. Which I don't recommend if you are also a single parent.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @Sheri123 is that number from a calculator or from having submitted all your transcripts to LSAC? Don't forget, if you took any college courses for credit prior to receiving your bachelors, all of those credits count towards your LSAC GPA. Also, make sure you write a GPA addendum that is short and to the point that explains your circumstances. It won't totally mitigate a lower GPA but it will put it in context for them and that will make a difference versus if you did not address it at all.
    1196 karma
    Hi Pacifico unfortunately it is from submitting my transcripts. I started college initially after my ex-husband and I separated & I was working full time & was a full time parent since my ex moved away and never was really involved with our son except for an occasional weekend. It was too much for me to take on at the time, so I dropped out of school and hoped and prayed for an easier time to come, which did in 2012. I just finished my undergrad this past summer. Which was a lot easier I might add with a 19 year old than a 5 year old. :) An awesome non-abusive husband certainly doesn't hurt either.