Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can someone please guide me....

rockytoralrockytoral Alum Member
in General 149 karma
I'm now considering postponing my test until February but still applying for the Fall 2016 cycle with the score I have until I the other score. My issue with postponing the exam is I don't have a plan of what I need to start doing differently in order to see results... I've been at the same score 151 roughly even after finish the 7sage course. What can I do to ensure that it will go up? I've been at a 151 since April... And seen no sign of improvement. My weakest section is LR I'm averaging -11 -12 per section. Someone please help! I've messaged 7sage tutors and have yet to get a response. Should I just take the exam and be done with it? I feel hopeless at this point.

Comments

• rockytoralrockytoral Alum Member
    149 karma
    I get*
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Hi rockytoral , are you blind reviewing every practice exam you do? I just started in September and have gone from a 144 (before studying, 147 after free intro with the diagnostic) to a 160 now. I have really worked hard for it though & realize I have a lot further to go. The point is if you are really putting in the effort and really reviewing each exam and evaluating where you are making your errors and then trying to correct those errors and learn from them, your score should be going up. I was at a 158 plateau for about 5 PTs and started doing a complete clean copy blind review & it helped me bump my score up a couple of points. I think it is important to self-evaluate & realize that if your doing the same thing over and over not seeing the improvement you want to see it is a sign that you need to do something try something different. If it is a matter of timing or something like that, it just might take doing a lot more PTs to get more familiar with the exam. I'm sure there are others who are on here that have a lot more experience than I do, that can offer more sound advice, but I hope this helps.
    149 karma
    Sheri, I think my problem is exactly that. After I BR I see why the correct answer is true but I guess I self consciously don't go through my mental process as to how I would get there. I'm going to start BR with a clean copy and see what I can do! Thank you for responding!
  • Campo1995Campo1995 Alum Member
    74 karma
    Hey rockytoral, after I completed 7 sage curriculum I took 2 timed tests and had little to no improvement, this is not because the course doesn't adequately prepare you but because I rushed through it to get to the prep test stage. After the 2 tests I went back and re-watched a lot of the core curriculum videos and tried to gain a better understanding of the core concepts behind the lsat. After my second time through my score went up 11 points on my next prep test. I also did the entire logic games bundle. Don't be discouraged with the lack of improvement you may just be one of those people, like me, who need more time to absorb material. Hope this helped!
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Also I forgot to mention, one of the common problems I ran into was that I would try to rush through reading or rush through thoroughly understanding the question or the reading passage. When I slowed myself down, I got a lot more correct answers and found that I didn't have to go back and re-read as much. I think it is so easy to misinterpret what you read or what you are suppose to be doing, if you are so stressed about getting through it quickly. Being thorough ends up saving you more time in the long run, at least that has been my experience.
  • kmojorelikmojoreli Member
    118 karma
    You need to make sure you clearly understand the errors you are making for LR. For me I realized I could not do this in my head. I committed to actually writing out an explanation for why every answer choice was wrong and why the correct answer choice was correct. I do this for every question I am unsure about or get wrong. Then after that I watch the video. You need to be really committed to quality blind review. If you don't understand why wrong answers are wrong you need to go back through the curriculum.
    149 karma
    Kmojorelli, the issue is I only have the intro course and not really in the financial position to get the ultimate course unfortunately. So I kinda have to work with what I have and search the Internet for answers when u don't understand something. But you're right about me going over in my head the incorrect answers I'm going to start writing out the reasons for each answer choice and see if that helps. Thanks!
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    @rockytoral i have the starter for the same reason. What I do is I look at a couple different websites and then really reread the one that most closely addresses LSAT patterns. A lot of the explanations online suck so make sure u look at a bunch