Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I do full, timed tests or drill LR sections only?

mrlsat180mrlsat180 Alum Member
edited April 2014 in General 118 karma
I'm averaging -15 on LR, -6 on RC and -4 of LG. Clearly LR is my biggest issue right now. Should I be drilling only LR sections so my LR score "catches up" to my other sections or should I just keep doing full tests?
I'm about 6 raw points away from my target score for June.

Comments

• ArchiebootsArchieboots Alum Member
    155 karma
    Hi there - I would recommend doing untimed LR sections so that you get the technique right first and then worry about speed. I would recommend that you still do prep tests and study RC/LG because you make your strong sections even stronger. What type of questions do you struggle with on LR?
  • AlenaLSATAlenaLSAT Alum Member
    182 karma
    You need to see what specific LR questions give you trouble and drill them.
  • thelocal711thelocal711 Free Trial Member
    72 karma
    You need to include time in to your analysis. Is there any section you are not finishing up in 35 minutes? Do you skip questions or attempt them all within the timeframe? Are you blind reviewing afterward? Results? My best advice to you is NOT to burn through material without adequately wearing those problems out. Redo those problems that you have marked as giving you some sort of problem over and over and over mechanically (I have redone some problems upward of 5 times and still learned something new each time) so that when you see other problems that are similar, you will recognize certain cues or quarks about them that wont have you stumbling. A lot of LR questions are shades of the same questions: same topics, same logic, different task or opposite point of view taken in the conclusion. You'll start seeing overlap and have the ability to apply strategies from other similar questions to these as well and shave off some time and increase your accuracy.