Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How often to review stack of questions

How often do you guys review your stack of questions? My stack of questions is getting quite big now. I’ve got about 160 of them and I’m working on Pseudo Sufficient Assumption Questions. I reckon my stack will only get much bigger as I move along in the course.

Reviewing these questions that you didn’t get right, certainly helps to reinforce correct reasoning skills obviously for questions you got wrong or got right but weren’t 100% sure.

The problem is the bigger your stack gets, the longer it takes to review. (It took a little over an hour for me to review all 160 of them. I reckon it’s gonna take quite awhile to review all of these questions once I’m able to move onto doing PT’s)
Also, inevitably you end up memorizing the correct answer choices. Any thoughts?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I have no idea where you got this stack of questions nonsense from. Just go through the course, do as many problem sets as you need to in order to understand the concepts, not to attain perfection. Save the rest for later, finish the curriculum, tighten up your LG, then start PTing and let your analytics guide you to shore up your weaknesses through targeted drilling.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I have no idea where you got this stack of questions nonsense from.
  • Well, JY mentions in the blind review videos to keep a stack of questions and every now and then to come back to them. Feel free to call it non-sense. I’m trying to make good use of a piece of advice.
  • pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
    edited November 2015 477 karma
    Ha :-) funny you mentioned "stack of questions" . I found just yesterday that I have such a "stack" too . from a year back. .. questions i found tough then , while doing the course the first time round. I am planning on going through them now and hoping to discover they are easy-peasy :-) . I have not made it to my "target BR score" or my target timed score so I think I am revisiting some things . I would think 6 months is a good tome to revisit. My set of questions are from the initial practice set after each section in the course.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Assuming you review the particular questions following a PT, this stack might be useful for when you have some free time but not the amount or setting for serious prep. I would carry some of these questions handy and review them throughout the day when waiting somewhere etc...
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    What I do is when I go through my PTs and BR, and I get questions wrong again even after BR, I type it up in a document. Then at the end of the week, I have a document will all of these "hard" questions that trip me up. This way, it doesn't add up too much and I'm able to review my thinking again. I think this has helped me and it can help reinforce the concepts you learn, so I do think it's a great idea. Even if you memorize the answers, you should be able to identify exactly which choice is wrong and which one is right - and this is really what matters in terms of recognizing patterns. I'd say maybe once a week review 15-20 of your "stack." some people make an experimental section with the harder questions (I don't - it'd probably make me freak out)
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    Why each choice is wrong/right* lol
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    If that's what you took away from the BR videos then you're missing the forest. As @badgalriri alluded to, once you start taking PTs you can save the ones you get wrong and make a 25 question experimental LR section and it will be the hardest section you ever do. But amassing a pile of every question you get wrong as you learn the ropes is going to ultimately be counterproductive and not helping you get to where you need to get the real learning experience, which is during timed PTs and clean copy BR.

Much of the curriculum is best taken with some heavy doses of common sense rather than interpreting everything 100% literally and then taking it to an extreme as far to many people seem to enjoy doing around here.