Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone having trouble loading videos?

I don't know its just me but the videos arent loading at all. YouTube is playing fine and other sites are are loading without problems but these videos aren't buffering at all....

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    I just checked a few videos and they're all loading fine for me. Can you try following these steps?
    http://7sage.com/clear-cache/
  • 69 karma
    Yup, did that but everything is still painfully slow. I'm using Microsoft Edge as my browser tho. could that be it?
    12637 karma
    Let me give it a try and I'll get back to you.
    12637 karma
    I went through a few videos on Edge and everything went through about the same as Chrome, so I don't think it's a browser-specific issue, but you might wanna give it a try on Chrome or Firefox to see if that does fix the issue since I don't know too much about Edge.

Can you link me the video that's running slowly so I can see if it's just that one? You may also want to check your internet connection just in case.
  • 69 karma
    Hey so I tried it on chrome and it was a lot faster. dunno why, its working better and not working at all on my edge browser. thanks for the speedy responses and your help!
    12637 karma
    Glad it's working in Chrome. I did some searching for you and found out how to clear the cache in the Edge browser:
    https://www.wiknix.com/how-to-clear-cache-and-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-browser/

You can try that and see if it fixes the slow loading.

I don't personally use that browser because I'm so used to Chrome but I know it can be helpful to be able to write on the screen like that. :)
  • dvillat1dvillat1 Alum Member
    edited November 2015 43 karma
    My videos are also barely loading! It's so strange. My wifi is fine and I tried 7sage on Safari and Chrome. I also cleared the cache on both browsers. Is there anything else I should do?
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    Same problem. I've tried firefox and chrome on a PC, and they take ages to load and then get interrupted every few seconds. Makes them completely unusable
  • 69 karma
    yeah im also sort of having the same problem again on chrome. if you guys look above you can see that dillon advises us clear the cache in our browsers. olther than that, i dont thionk theres anything else we can do. the extra slowness may be the result of added traffic to 7sage due to nearing of the test date, but i have no idea if thats true
    edited November 2015 12637 karma
    Sorry about the issues guys! My videos are loading normally so I don't see that slowness on my end. I'll ask Alan to take a look and see if there's anything slowing down the videos.

You can also try switching to Flash player to see if the videos speed up, but you'll lose the option to speed up/slow down the videos (and cuepoints won't work either) when watching. Flash player can be switched on and off here:
    http://7sage.com/account/
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    edited November 2015 3074 karma
    Hey everyone, sorry for the trouble!

We deliver videos with very high speed connections specifically to handle traffic spikes. So theoretically, we shouldn't be running into traffic issues due to the upcoming LSAT

Like Dillon, the videos are running fine on my end. Please pass on the links to the videos that are running slow for you, and let us know what sort of symptoms you are seeing. For instance @runiggyrun what do you see when the videos are "interrupted every few seconds"?

(PS: If you haven't already, please check to see how solid your Internet connection is by trying to load some Youtube videos.)
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    The few I tried this morning appear to be fine. They were the same ones I tried yesterday and weren't loading (I tried most of the RC curriculum videos). Yesterday the issues ranged from complete failure (spinning and spinning until I got an "7Sage player won't load, switching to Flash" and then more spinning and a black screen) to extreme slowness (very long starting times, and then you'd hear a few words, then a few minutes pause when the image stayed on the screen but didn't advance and the sound cut out) It was like trying to listen to video over a dial-up connection. I checked the internet, and it was fine for everything else.
    Looks like maybe a server problem somewhere? I'm not sure if all users are routed through the same servers. Either way, so far so good today
  • LSATnateLSATnate Member
    3 karma
    I don't know if they're not loading or what but I'm not seeing all of the passages when I do the logic game and reading comprehension sections on the PTs. For example, I'll only see the passage for questions 1-6, but not the other 3 passages required to answer the remaining questions. Kind of a problem because I can only do the first section of LG and RC. Unless I'm missing something obvious?
    12637 karma
    Thanks @LSATnate! Looking into it.
  • 7Sage Admin7Sage Admin Administrator
    298 karma
    @LSATnate Thanks for letting us know about this, it's fixed now!