Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is section difficulty independent of each other?

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
in General 1024 karma
Example: If the Logic games section is harder could that mean an easier RC section? Or is it always 100% independent of each other?

My issue is that I have taken a few tests and gone -10 on games but had really great other sections is it just unlucky or part of the LSAT writers doing?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    They're independent of each other, and difficulty is a pretty relative concept. Some people might suck at grouping games but they crush even the hardest sequencing games, so a given section might be really hard for that person while someone else thinks it is wicked easy. Similarly, some people might find all games easy and all RC hard or vice versa.

It's not so much a matter of luck when you're talking in the -10 range, because that demonstrates some fundamental issues or some external factors (e.g.-distractions).
  • sarkisp23sarkisp23 Alum Member
    374 karma
    As a side note, particular LSAT test difficulty is factored into the score conversion. For example, a 75 raw score might be a 159 on one test and 161 on another test. This means that it was harder to get a 75 raw score on the 161 test so they curve it that way. That's why there are slight differences between the preptests. It's not random. So if a test had a hard logic game section and all other things being equal, my presumption is that it should be favourable when it comes to converting the raw score (75) to the scaled score (161). In other words, don't worry too much about it and just keep improving your logic games score.
  • pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
    477 karma
    I have found (many times) on LR section: one being particularly more difficult than the other eg : I have -1 -2 on one of the LRs and -5 -6 on another . Not sure if this is merely a correlation or if there is a causation there.