Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can someone help with critiquing and offering aid/suggestions on my schedule until the Dec test?

psbrathwaitepsbrathwaite Member
in General 207 karma
I typically BR LG to -0 or close to it, but sometimes screw up an entire game or sometimes a couple more questions on timed tests...

I BR above 160 every time now, but my timed scores, although they've been 160-163 before (Highest BR of circled 165) my OCT '15 Score was 157, took it 4 sectioned... I was out of focused, fatigued, misread things (an entire logic game because of it ) and missed 8 LR but towards the end of the last section. I think my key areas to focus are LG and LR, mostly LG but do try to tighten up LR..? I still have PT 74 available, took 76 and 75 already.

Schedule
Wed25, ReviewPT76 Whole. | Thur26, Take PT74 + BR all sections | Fri28 Review PT 74 3 hrs. | Sat 28 Review pt74 (Then have to write/research a few pages of a paper for a class...but have 3-5 or even more hours for LSAT if recommended. | Sun Drill LG 3 and 4 of both PT 75 and 76 as a timed section, Review what I miss. Review 74 more if have brainpower ) | Mon30, Drill LG 1 and 2 of PT 75 and 76 timed, review. Watch 7sage LR videos on PT 76, 75, and 74 ..( as long as I can until fatigue? ) | Tues 1st, Review 7sage videos of LR I got wrong for PT 76, 75, and 74, maybe not watch more than 2 hours of video? )

Wed the 2nd, thurs the 3rd, fri the 4th, take those days off | rest, meditate, eat well, & do not engage in any heathenry | Sat LSAT

I'm hoping a 167 is possible. I'd have to miss almost none on LG and do 4-7 questions better on LR/RC combined. At least a 163 would be nice! What should I do with my schedule? Feel free to tell me to completely change it if strongly advised!

Thank you so much to whoever takes the time to read all of this!

Comments

• Elle2015Elle2015 Alum Member
    198 karma
    Good luck! Unfortunately, while a 167 is possible, it's unlikely. In preparing, though, I think you must trust yourself and continue doing what's helped you best.
  • psbrathwaitepsbrathwaite Member
    207 karma
    Hmm Trusting myself is very good advice though. Thorough review, and patient review, I think is what I need.
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    One specific piece of advice:
    If you are very solid on games but occasionally screw one up, I would suggest ALWAYS double checking your rules on each game. I started doing this and my accuracy went way up. You will never misread a rule and go into the set-up having done that again, and on your second read of the rules, you will make more inferences.
    Usually I jot down the rules, making inferences as I go, consider how to set up the board and begin that, then double check the rules against my first written record of them. On the second round I correct any mistakes (not common, but it happens enough to make this a very good use of time), and I usually see more of how the rules interplay with each other.
    I think this takes me approx 10 extra seconds per game. Very worth it.
    207 karma
    Great advice!!
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited November 2015 3658 karma
    Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment!

I know it sounds counterintuitive, but try not to focus on what score you hope to get. Rather, focus on the broader goal of doing well. Another thing is to focus on consistency and anticipate what the LSAT will do. Nothing should be new at this point and nothing should throw you off. If your state of mind is good and if you have the confidence that you need, you'll get that score!
    207 karma
    I love you guys. Thank you.

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment! "

Thank you. I understand what you mean about the focus. Nothing is new.. I always seem to be able to understand why a question is wrong, and if I don't, after some thinking I do. Will meditate on doing well.
    207 karma
    SM + C --> S

State of mind and Confidence = Score
    No score = No state of mind or Confidence

But screw that contrapositive. State of mind + Confidence!!!!!
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    @psbrathwaite See! You saw that conditional logic I snuck in there. :p
    207 karma
    @ENTJ hehehehhehe! LOL. I didn't see it at first, then I was like...oooo! wait!!
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    I notice you are taking the exam and BRing the same day. Personally, I liked to wait until the next day. This helped me review the questions from a more neutral perspective and gave my brain some rest.
    207 karma
    I agree with you there @gs556 I think that was a desperation move. I opted to just doing a timed LG ( Got 52% on it... :l ) -- I'll redo that LG timed again tomorrow and BR it, then video. I'm going to do LG drills and LR drill/ videos , no more than one of each daily up until the last 3 days before the test. I think that may be the best route for me