Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Morning of the test brain warmup?

markg.aafmarkg.aaf Member
in General 31 karma
Does anyone have any advice for the morning of the test on how to get your brain awake? I know there have been plenty of posts about a good breakfast, caffeine, etc., but I was wondering about brain exercises in particular. I was thinking of watching about 30 minutes of the training videos (basically the indroductory video of each type of LR question) and quickly reviewing the four logical indicator groups the morning of the test in order to get my brain into 'LSAT Mode'. Does anyone like, dislike, or have any suggestions about this idea?

Comments

• PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    I do about 25 questions (1st LG, 1st RC, ~12 LRs) to get warmed up. As long as you find something that works for you its all good.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Wake up at least 2 hours before the test starts and do something like a game, a passage and ~5-10 LR questions of varying types. I wouldn't watch videos but instead do something closer to replicating test conditions so you get yourself in that groove of doing the work on your own.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    I wanted to get rid of LG jitters, so I did a complete LG section, then followed it up with the first 10 questions of an LR, and read one RC passage/answered a couple of its questions. All from PT74. Then wrote 177 on the front of my warmup booklet, got out of my car, and crushed the test. It helped.
  • nikdim67nikdim67 Member
    51 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    Then wrote 177 on the front of my warmup booklet
    love it
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    Then wrote 177 on the front of my warmup booklet
    Love this!
  • shainabarbershainabarber Alum Member
    109 karma
    I did about 10 LR questions and 2 LG. All untimed, and I didn't check my answers. I didn't want to shake my confidence right before going in. But, especially with LG, a warm-up helps me get in that mindset. I will probably do something similar when I retake.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    edited November 2015 1654 karma
    I did the Dino game and 12 LR questions. Dino FTW.
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    I hyped myself up by blasting some Hans Zimmer soundtracks.
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    I BR a couple LR questions from yesterday's section in the morning, and look at explanations for it. I think it forces me to think the right way
  • markg.aafmarkg.aaf Member
    31 karma
    Love the advice, thanks everyone! I think i'll re-consider watching videos and just do some actual questions. I like the ideas to write your target score down and not checking answers to keep confidence strong. 165 and a Tier 3 scholarship or bust lol!
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    I would recommend going for a short run when you wake up (20 mins will suffice). Exercise is better than coffee to wake you up, though usually I still have coffee too!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    Then wrote 177 on the front of my warmup booklet, got out of my car, and crushed the test.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    A few Easy LRs, An Easy RC passage plus questions and and Easy LG