Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Realistic Goal?

Campo1995Campo1995 Alum Member
in General 74 karma
Hello,
6ish months ago I took my diagnostic and got a 149. Slowly I made my way through the curriculum and last weekend's PT was a 163, BR was at 173. This has been pretty consistent for me (Only 5 PT in). LR was -5/-6 LG was -3 and RC was -8. I need close to if not a 170 to get into the school I am aiming for. I am pretty confident I can get LG down to -1 or 0, but I don't know how much improvement I can make in LR and RC because when I BR'd it took me anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes per question to arrive at the correct answers for questions I circled. Any strategies for LR and especially RC improvement would be appreciated. Looking to write either February or June of 2016.

Comments

• sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
    181 karma
    Give yourself plenty of time by taking the June test! PTing and BRing will help you improve over a longer period of time! If it's taking you that long to arrive at your circled answers you should revisit those question types in the curriculum.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Shoot for June since the higher the score you need, the harder it is to get each additional point. Give yourself plenty of time and you'll have a much better chance of getting there.
  • Campo1995Campo1995 Alum Member
    74 karma
    Thanks for the advice @Pacifico and @sean.marz
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    I would go for June to give yourself the best possible shot and the most time to prepare. Best of luck to you.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited November 2015 2086 karma
    I was having the same issue (still am) on LR and RC. I soon found out that my problem was that I was overthinking the wrong answer choices. What helped me was getting familiar with all of the ACs. Some are abstract, know what they mean. Use J.Y's method, where you turn wrong ACs to correct ones by modifying the stimulus. That should make elimination of wrong ACs easier. The same concept applies for RC. Know why it's wrong, and what it would look like if it were correct.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    Shoot for June since the higher the score you need, the harder it is to get each additional point. Give yourself plenty of time and you'll have a much better chance of getting there.
    +100