Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Take PT75 or PT76 Dec LSAT

mysojulimysojuli Alum Member
in General 98 karma
Hello,

I am taking the December LSAT. This week I plan on taking PT72 and PT 74 I am debating if I should take PT75 OR PT76 as my last PT for the week. PT76 is a great indicator of how I might score on the December test, but I have been unable to find explanations for the test thus far. Should I take PT75 since I can just buy the 7sage explanations?

Thank you,

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    That's way too many PTs for your last week, not only do your risk burnout, you're risking a major ego/confidence hit. The risk/reward dynamic here is not in your favor.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Way too many PTs. Your last PT should be no later than Tuesday and you should NOT score it.
  • acarralSFacarralSF Member
    7 karma
    @nicole.hopkins would you please expound on the reasoning for not scoring the last PT?
  • nicturconicturco Alum Member
    5 karma
    I was also going to do 2 PTs this week. One tomorrow and one Wednesday,but judging from the comments this seems like a mistake. What should we be doing the week before the LSAT?
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @mrdeamor two PTs this week is certainly fine in my opinion, as is taking a test after Tuesday. You have to weigh the anxiety you might face by not doing LSAT stuff against the benefits of doing last minute studying, which admittedly won't be that fruitful in the grand scheme of things. Basically, whatever it takes to get you in the right mindset for the test is the path you should follow, and this differs with each person. If for you this means taking a test tomorrow and Wed, then go for it. You do risk a potential let down though, which is why people say not to score the test--the LSAT is as much a mind game is it is a skills based test, so know that going into this final week.

This is what worked for me and my final PT: I took the test and threw away my answer sheet, only scoring my blind review. In the last few days, you might consider only taking the final PT as an untimed BR. This way, you get the experience of the test without the added pressure of it being the last one, and you'll escape the inevitable generalizations you'll make because of that. Untimed?! But what about timing and pacing and clocks, you ask? At this late in the game, you shouldn't be legitimately worrying about timing anymore (and if you are you really aren't ready for the test unfortunately...your skills should be at the point where timing is only a secondary concern with only small adjustments needed to be made within the test based on how you're doing), so really doing the test untimed carries no potential drawbacks--it's akin to a light walk-through before a game rather than an all out practice.

Whatever you choose, be confident! And good luck!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    I took the test and threw away my answer sheet, only scoring my blind review.
    Perfect.

Yeah it's just too much pressure on the last one for it to be fully representative, so why score it ...?