Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Depending on that cycle you apply, does this affect your admission chance?

in General 199 karma
I know it's important to play earlier--the sooner, the better. However, ultimately, could it make or break admission decision. For example, if I took the February exam, and submitted my application earlier, will this have any bearing on admission decisions? For example, I if applied in December, would I have likely received a different admission decision if I had applied in February or during the last cycle?

Comments

• jkim30001jkim30001 Alum Member
    edited July 2017 122 karma
  • 199 karma
    bump what?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    I think @hjlee1992 was just trying to bump the thread to the top.
    Let's not bump threads that aren't older than 12 hours please!
  • jkim30001jkim30001 Alum Member
    edited July 2017 122 karma
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    No worries!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    All things being equal, earlier is always better. All things being unequal, better is always better. There is no second chance to make a first impression. So if your score sucks and you apply, you risk getting dinged. If your next score sucks, you'll likely get dinged anyways, and the deeper you go into the cycle the better your app needs to be in order to get accepted. Schools will almost always make room for an awesome applicant, no matter how late in the cycle. But schools are not on rolling admissions like UG, it's rolling acceptances so it is not first come, first served. If you would get dinged in February you would likely get dinged in September. If you would have been accepted in September you would likely get accepted in February even though there are less slots. The closer you are to borderline, the less wiggle room you have to play with.