Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nervous about the June LSAT on Monday?

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited June 2013 in General 13940 karma
Of course you are. You're about to take an important test. It's not the most important test though. That one you'll take in October (or December or next February). :)

I'm kidding! Most likely, this is the last LSAT you'll ever take. I'm just trying to say that for something as important as this, there are second chances. That's definitely not true for most important things, so you should feel good knowing that.

For most of you, you already know what you'll get on this June LSAT. Take your past three recent (i.e., 59-68) properly administered LSAT prep tests and average your score. You'll get plus or minus 3 points of your average. I suppose one assumption is that on Monday somewhere between the third or fourth announcement of "5 minutes remaining" you do not suffer a small heart attack... Anyway, ask yourself, will you accept your average as your official LSAT score?

If not, further ask yourself if you are willing to study more. Be honest and realistic. This test is crushingly difficult to study for. You know this. If you are masochistic enough to call yourself determined, then great, we will be determined right here with you.

If so, then congratulations. You are as prepared as you can be and there is nothing standing between you and that score. You've seen everything they'll throw at you, every attack, every ambush, every evasive maneuver. You've amply demonstrated your ability to respond. Monday will not be new day and the June LSAT will not be a new LSAT. LSAT 69 will be just like LSAT 65 and LSAT 64. People just like you took those LSATs and they're in law school now.

For Monday, this is the only thing I want you to remember: keep moving.

You will encounter curve breaker questions. Every LSAT has a couple. Every student who has ever taken the LSAT before you encountered them. You will too. I'm telling you this now, so you'll be prepared. Skip the curve breaker questions if they are too difficult. Don't let a couple questions break your rhythm.

Just keep moving. You got this.

P.S. If you're in NYC, come have a drink on us Monday evening!
http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/56/nyc-open-bar-post-june-lsat-monday-evening

Comments

• Youyang LiYouyang Li Free Trial Member
    68 karma
    Anyone have good ideas for stress and anxiety relief before the test? :)
  • Mark TenorioMark Tenorio Free Trial Member
    edited June 2013 299 karma
    @Youyang

Meditate :D

And after that say to yourself "I will f$8k this test up!!!!!" while listening to some motivational music.
    This is mines:
    (caution: strong language)
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma
    My friend from law school would play this on repeat before finals:
  • Amir ShakoorianAmir Shakoorian Free Trial Member
    57 karma
    Hahaha... I did the same thing before wrestling matches in high school, while staring across the mat at my opponent and imagining him to be Ivon Drago from Rockey IV... I very well may return to that routine for the LSAT.
  • Youyang LiYouyang Li Free Trial Member
    68 karma
    @Mark

Great song..how could I have forgotten some Eminem on my "motivate yourself" playlist?!
  • Justin GilesJustin Giles Free Trial Member
    44 karma
    This was my pre-LSAT song of choice:

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    edited June 2013 13940 karma
    Here's something that everyone can do for the next couple of days:
    1. eat fresh foods, eat until you're almost full
    2. stay away from alcohol, we'll buy you drinks after the test
    3. exercise, which will help you to
    4. sleep early and well
  • Mark TenorioMark Tenorio Free Trial Member
    299 karma
    5. And remember your J.Y.isms. When the clock is ticking, you're on the last question of the last section, palms are sweaty, your head is heavy and a million things are running through your mind, and you're looking at the answer choices, just ask yourself this:

"Okay, so what?"
    -J.Y. Ping
  • DDDD Free Trial Member
    71 karma
    lol! Good one @Mark Tenorio
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3074 karma
    @Youyang Li Another great Eminem song that never fails to get me going is Till I Collapse: