Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing: BR Group Interactive Intensive Fundamentals Workshops

DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
edited December 2015 in Study Groups 7468 karma
Hey Gang!

Before the June-testers's BR Group jumps into the PT phase, the 7Sage tutors would like to offer some free interactive sessions to workshop different fundamental skills. Think of it like a lab in a Science class except you won’t have to dissect anything. We have a schedule in place for the first two weeks. Here are the topics and 7Sage tutors who are running them:

Times Are EST
Active Reading (@c.janson35) - Wed Dec 9, 2015 8 pm
Blind Review (@nicole.hopkins) - Fri Dec 11, 2015 8pm
POSTPONED. Possible replacement is in the works.
FIRST JUNE BR GROUP ( PT 29) Wed Dec 16, 2015 8pm
NEW: RC Question Types (@"Quick Silver”) Sat Dec 19, 2015 12pm
Principle LR Questions (@c.janson35 and @nicole.hopkins) - Tues Dec 22, 2015 8pm
Assumption/Flaw (TBA) - Sat Dec 26, 2015 8 pm

While this is geared for the June test-taker, all are welcome. If these are successful, hopefully, we’ll have more throughout the year. Hope to see you there.

NOTE: There are still a ton of details to work out between now and then, but if you’re interested in attending, please let us know in the comments (please specify which workshop(s) you plan on attending). This will really help us to figure out which platform to choose to provide these workshops.

UPDATED 12/15/15

Comments

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    I'm in for all. Thanks to all for the time and effort. Each of you are blessings to this community.
  • Student...Student... Member
    298 karma
    Thank you! I'm in for all Fundamentals Workshops. Will wait till I'm done with the curriculum to join the BR group.
  • hazelnut13hazelnut13 Alum Member
    244 karma
    I'm in for all of these as well!
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    I'm in for all barring the PT 29, I'll be joining yall from 39 onwards!! Thank you so much for doing this and setting it up!! :D
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14008 karma
    Great idea guys! Thanks for organizing @DumbHollywoodActor
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Looking forward to these sessions! I really appreciate the time everyone is devoting to share:)
  • DaveH162DaveH162 Alum Member
    221 karma
    I am in for each workshop. Thank you all you guys are awesome
  • rockytoralrockytoral Alum Member
    149 karma
    Active Reading, Assumption/Flaw, and Necessary Assumption sound great to reinforce concepts! I'll be there
  • jimenezja.jjjimenezja.jj Alum Member
    187 karma
    I'm interested in the following workshops
    Blind Review (@nicole.hopkins) - Fri Dec 11, 2015 8pm
    Assumption/Flaw (@blah170blah) - Sat Dec 12, 2015 8 pm
    Necessary Assumptions LR Questions (@"Quick Silver" ) - Fri Dec 18, 2015 8 p m.
    Thank you
  • apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    696 karma
    I'm interested in the Blind Review (@nicole.hopkins) - Fri Dec 11, 2015 8pm.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    I'm interested in ALL of them please.
  • FLAguyNSeoulFLAguyNSeoul Alum Member
    141 karma
    I'm interested in all of them as well.
  • Fish0701Fish0701 Member
    133 karma
    I'm in for all of them
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    Active reading, nec assumption and assumption/flaw
  • Anthony LAnthony L Alum Member
    53 karma
    I'm in for all! Thank you!
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I'm also in for all!
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    I thought active reading meant reading while on the minitrampoline. Finding this difficult. Look forward to @c.janson35 's sesh!
  • bruingirl1205bruingirl1205 Alum Member
    444 karma
    I'm interested in all of them as well! Thank you!
  • I am interested in all of them as well!
  • SimplyColeSimplyCole Member
    edited December 2015 60 karma
    I am interested in Active Reading (@c.janson35) - Wed Dec 9, 2015 8 pm & Necessary Assumptions LR Questions (@"Quick Silver" ) - Fri Dec 18, 2015 8 p m
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    I'll make them all. I rescheduled for Feb. maybe something will help me break my plateau.
  • AurBorealAurBoreal Member
    74 karma
    will there be recordings? I ask because I'm in Europe for the next 6 months - so 8pm Eastern is a bit late for...
  • beth.flandersbeth.flanders Alum Member
    212 karma
    count me in for all!
  • SkywalkerSkywalker Alum Member
    214 karma
    I am in for all of them as well. Thank you for your leadership and mentorship!
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @NotoriousRBG said:
    will there be recordings?
    Not for this round. Maybe later ones. If they are successful, we’ll continue to have them on a regular basis.
  • kclubs323kclubs323 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    275 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor May I join the Active Reading and the June BR Group? I've been MIA, but I'd like to get back into LSAT prep with you guys if that's alright!
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    I would like to join in for the Necessary Assumptions LR Questions (@"Quick Silver" ) - Fri Dec 18, 2015 8 p m.

Would have loved to join in for the Active Reading (@c.janson35) - Wed Dec 9, 2015 8 pm
    & Assumption/Flaw (@blah170blah) - Sat Dec 12, 2015 8 p but I will be on a post LSAT trip with my family during those dates. Please let me know if you decide to do them again or if you decide to record them.

Thank you all for being so generous with your time & knowledge.
  • MConner16MConner16 Member
    78 karma
    I would like to do Active Reading, and possibly some of the others but definitely that one next week
  • courtneyrcourtneyr Alum Member
    26 karma
    Count me in for all sessions. Thanks!
  • Herewego...Herewego... Member
    97 karma
    I would like to attend the Necessary Assumptions LR Questions (@"Quick Silver" ) - Fri Dec 18, 2015 8 p m. Thanks for organizing!
  • Cayenne43Cayenne43 Alum Member
    195 karma
    I am interested in all
  • poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    edited December 2015 496 karma
    Can't make the ones on the 11th and 12th but should be there for everything else! Thank you so much for organizing this!
  • Grace...Grace... Alum Member
    339 karma
    I am interested in all. Where do I need to be at that time?
  • _Hopeful_Hopeful Alum Member
    103 karma
    I'll be attending all of them! Thanks for organizing this :)
  • megsvyas_OVOmegsvyas_OVO Alum Member
    218 karma
    I'm in for all as well! And I'm also in for BR group starting at PT 29! Thanks @DumbHollywoodActor for organizing this :)
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Member
    140 karma
    I am interested in attending all of them! Thank you so much for your time!
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    I'd like to sit in on some of them as well!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Not only do I appreciate these sessions, I have to admit - postponing from Dec to June has led to a "bit" of unintentional complacency in my study plans especially during the holidays. I feel like @DumbHollywoodActor actor is my "nice" drill sergeant providing great opportunities to keep me on track and focused!! Thank you:)
  • bbutlerbbutler Inactive ⭐
    401 karma
    I'll be interested in all of them as well. Thank you all so much for taking time to help all of us, this is what makes this the best LSAT community available!
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    For those of you interested in the Assumption/Flaw clinic, please respond to the discussion thread I posted!
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Spoiler Alert: Principally Principles is also in the works. Brought to you by the law firm of Janson & Hopkins. (And @nicole.hopkins is totally fine with being the second name on the wall...)
  • jinbin00jinbin00 Alum Member
    53 karma
    I am interested in all the workshops
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    In for all!
  • johnz333johnz333 Member
    101 karma
    I'm interested in all of them, thank you!
  • time_to_gotime_to_go Alum Member
    276 karma
    I'm interested in all of them:)
  • lsatmantaraylsatmantaray Free Trial Member
    46 karma
    I'm interested in all as well. Thank you :)
  • pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
    477 karma
    Thanks a bunch all !!! I am interested in Active Reading please.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    Spoiler Alert: Principally Principles is also in the works. Brought to you by the law firm of Janson & Hopkins. (And @nicole.hopkins is totally fine with being the second name on the wall...)
    Updated and added to the schedule. A little XMAS present by Janson & Hopkins.
  • sarah.xuwsarah.xuw Member
    edited December 2015 42 karma
    i think i posted in the wrong place!
  • lenelson2lenelson2 Member
    edited December 2015 523 karma
    I"m in! I just took the LSAT today and I'm planning on taking in again. I would love to review and refine. Also, is this on Skype? and it's Eastern time, correct?