Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is happening?!

joannewujoannewu Member
edited December 2015 in General 53 karma
Hi all, so I'm taking the test Saturday. In the past 5 PTs I've done, I've scored in the 160-163 range which I'm not thrilled about but I'm not hating it either because an LSAT score in that range plus my GPA would get me into my target schools. BUT Sunday and today I PTd again and scored a 158 and 154 respectively. 154!!!! Someone please tell me this is just my nerves getting to me.

Comments

• sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
    181 karma
    Really would need more info in order to offer any insight here. What tests were you writing when you got that 160-163 range? What tests did you take that you got lower than usual on? What is your favorite color?
  • joannewujoannewu Member
    53 karma
    So the test I took today (scored 154) was PT 73. On Sunday I took PT 71 and scored a 158. Obviously that worries me because it's more recent and I'm concerned the December test will reflect this level of difficulty. But PTs 65-70 were the tests where I was scoring between 160-163 consistently.
  • psbrathwaitepsbrathwaite Member
    207 karma
    bump, results were similiar
  • Ddowns0325Ddowns0325 Member
    56 karma
    I've been scoring in the low 160s as well in the same prep tests. Don't psych yourself out. We got this..... Confidence will help us prevail.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    This is why we tell you not to take this many PT's close to the end and why we tell you not to score PT's you take close to the test.

Nerves and possible burnout. Slow WAY down. Stop taking PT's.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Were the tests in the 160s retakes?
    53 karma
    Yeah I think I'm going to stop freaking myself out this late in the game. I thought it would help to keep my brain "LSAT ready" by taking PTs up until test day but at this point I'm not sure that's helping.
    53 karma
    @brna0714 nope!
    7965 karma
    @joannewu said:
    I thought it would help to keep my brain "LSAT ready" by taking PTs up until test day but at this point I'm not sure that's helping.
    More likely the opposite.
  • rbrogan112rbrogan112 Member
    3 karma
    That sounds like LSAT burnout to me. The *exact* same thing happened to me before the October exam. You need some personal time. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but put the study material down for at least 24 hours.
    53 karma
    @rbrogan112 yep. And not touching LSAT stuff for more than 12 hours gets me antsy but I think you and @nicole.hopkins are right. Did your October score end up more or less within your PT avg though?
  • notansarinotansari Alum Member
    39 karma
    Is it possible to be burnt out without *feeling* burnt out? I'm getting a similar trend in some aspects, and I don't know if I'm burn out or decreasing in intelligence.

I don't feel tired or unmotivated during the PTs at all. Slight nerves, but that's pretty normal with Saturday being on Saturday.
    7965 karma
    Joanne--I personally underperformed by 5-8 points of my average on my first take. Your first take is a pretty radical experience. Many (!!!!!!) around here have had similar experiences. @"Quick Silver" and @c.janson35 for example. Both with 99th percentile eventually.

Taking more PT's in the last week is not the way to go.