Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Dec. LSAT Discussion

Comments

• supercavtrprsupercavtrpr Member
    13 karma
    Most weird exam for me ever. I am usually strong on the logical reasoning sections, especially strong at reading comprehension, and weak on logic games. This exam, I don't know what the deal was. I am not confident in my LR performance. In fact, I cannot remember a single question. I'm sure I crushed reading comprehension. But here is the weird part...I am more confident with my LG performance than LR. I thought the wxyz question was even easy.
  • splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    lemurs, dino nostrils, ballast water in ships were all real. I spent more time thinking of lemurs today than all other times of my life combined.
  • zotter14zotter14 Free Trial Member
    edited December 2015 65 karma
    F$&*ing thank you baby jesus; the first LR was brutal. any guesses on the curve? it was -14/170 in December 2013...
    340 karma
    If I were a bookie I'd set the line at -11.5 No way it's 10, And 13 would be in "toughest of all time" territory and I just don't think it was that bad. I thought the RC was really easy and the LR was pretty moderate overall. I'd be thrilled with -12.
  • Artwork94Artwork94 Free Trial Member
    140 karma
    What was the key to LG 4? I must have skipped something...
  • Dylan TaylorDylan Taylor Alum Member
    61 karma
    The question about S being a psychic was fun
  • Xis10tialistXis10tialist Free Trial Member
    9 karma
    23 questions on LG? I think I made a bubbling error after skipping G3 to do G4 then going back. 24 bubbled lines staring me in the face at the end of the section :-/
    65 karma
    I would cancel if I were you. thats a lot of wrong answers.
  • kaila67hkaila67h Free Trial Member
    52 karma
    Wait...so those of us who had 3 LR, did we all have the same order? meaning section 1 was the experimental for all of us who had LR RC LR LR LG?
  • Dylan TaylorDylan Taylor Alum Member
    61 karma
    I believe so. That what I had and I think we have confirmed the first was experimental. Not that I can remember a single question.
  • reachingsarahreachingsarah Free Trial Member
    9 karma
    I had an LR experimental, and the first question in the first LR section was a dialogue about gas, giving ride, transfer of heat. Anyone know if that was a real section?
  • ehsevanehsevan Free Trial Member
    edited December 2015 4 karma
    I had LR RC LR LR LG, and my section 3 (second LR) tripped me up. :/ I felt like the first LR was easy, so of course that's probably the experimental.
  • kaytheehkaytheeh Member
    132 karma
    I swear me too! I can't remember a single q from the exp LR. I think they used one of those MIB memory wiping thingies on us.
    65 karma
    reachingsarah: i had the same and i was like wtf, this is the first question? i think i established that its the experimental.
  • reachingsarahreachingsarah Free Trial Member
    9 karma
    Thanks zotter14, and thank goodness. I had the same reaction given it was the first question, and thought my brain had just stopped functioning properly because of nerves.
  • legaldreamslegaldreams Free Trial Member
    edited December 2015 4 karma
    Hey guys. I think I had a two author/dual passage RC prompt about consciousness/mental awareness? The first passage was very monologue-esque (Hamlet - to be or not to be?) and informal. Was this one part of the real or experimental RC?
  • johnmelconjohnmelcon Free Trial Member
    21 karma
    @ajnainstein I had only one RC section and the comparative passage was not about consciousness, so that must have been experimental for you. I think the real comparative passage had to do with history and gender. Am I right in remembering it that way? It's kind of a blur.
    4 karma
    @johnmelcon Ah, yes, I had the history and gender one -- modern times vs roman times? (not to be confused with African American women's suffrage -- which I also don't know the status of)
    65 karma
    @legaldreams yea that was experimental for youl; real one had black theatre, women in history, lamarkism, and corporate fines.
    4 karma
    @zotter14 Yeah, it was the one in deep thought about pain and nerves. Glad to hear that it was experimental, wasn't a fan.

However, I'm sad to hear that African American Women's Suffrage wasn't real. I was feelin' that one.
    52 karma
    anyone else have a 25 question LR section that began with a q about an economist (if i'm remembering correctly)?
    340 karma
    Kaila, the 25 question LR section was real.
    52 karma
    I had two 25 question LR sections
    340 karma
    Hmm. Well, the 26 was real for sure.
  • Jessica3Jessica3 Member
    40 karma
    Anyone remember a LR question about "some guitarists" and "some bassoonists"-was an inference question .. All the Answer choices threw me off.
  • Artwork94Artwork94 Free Trial Member
    140 karma
    @Jessica3 that one was terrible :/
    340 karma
    Guitars/banjos... yeah that one made me think more than most. I'm not sure if I got it right, I think I skipped it at first. Another time consuming gem was the rainforest/deciduous tree nightime nocturnal food searches. Also the seal vs. dolphin diving depth question was weird, it was a brief logic game more than any anything.
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    in the winter deciduous trees have less leaves and birds can see better during the day ;)
    697 karma
    on a side note: some of these comments might be crossing the line into things that can/cant be discussed
    edited December 2015 340 karma
    697 karma
    Trues story, im a senior at wofford colege and we are known for our trees,squirrels, and hawks.One day i was walking to class and a huge hawk swooped down and grabbed a squirrel that was only a few feet in front of me
    697 karma
    check us out on twitter @WoffordSquirrel
    340 karma
    I change ballast water in cargo ships for a living... (kidding)
  • benjamin.motbenjamin.mot Member
    14 karma
    @Jessica3 Was that question from the 25 Q section? I had two 25 Q sections so I am just trying to figure out which one was experimental. I definitely had that question but can't remember if that was from the 25 or 26 Q section.

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    There are four experimental sections: 2 LR, 1 RC, and 1 LG so they essentially make a whole fake test. Some had the fake 25 q LR while others had the fake 26 q LR...

Also to whoever said that a -13 curve would be among the hardest ever you are clearly unaware of the many -14 exams there have been, including many Dec ones in the past several years.
    14 karma
    @kaila67h I also had two 25 Q LRs. Any thoughts on which one is the experimental? I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG and my first LR (25 Q) felt more difficult than my third section (2nd LR which was also 25 Q).
    8021 karma
    It's sounds like the first LR was experimental for both triple LR tests.
  • @"Dylan Taylor" Yeah I thought the first LR section was harder, second one with the dolphin and seals was a lot easier. Only had two LR sections though.

@mss2fc I had two LGs as well. Don't really think it matters for me which one was the experimental because I ran out of time for both of the 3rd sets of games and had to make some quick guesses "/
  • luke.360toursluke.360tours Member
    2 karma
    Could anyone inform me as to which RC was graded. What did each of the 4 passages talk about? Im trying to differentiate from the experimental section.

Thanks
    8021 karma
    There's a typo in your post. ;)
    14 karma
    @Pacifico Thanks!

52 karma
    @benjamin.mot it sounds like we may have had the same test form---mine was also a 25 q LR first and a 25 q third, 26 q LR was fourth. i'm still trying to figure out which one was experimental and hoping it was the first because i bombed it due to nerves. can't really remember which qs were in which section though i do think i remember two except questions being near the end of the first LR section
    52 karma
    do you remember any memorable qs that were in the first section? like shakespeare, honeybees, amber, etc?
    edited December 2015 340 karma
    Kaila, all of those real on a 25 q section
    52 karma
    yes--i'm trying to figure out if they were in my first LR section or my second because i don't remember which questions were where, i just know i didn't do well on the first section and want to figure out if it was experimental
    14 karma
    @kaila67h I remember all of those questions but I can't recall if that was from the third section (second 25 Q LR) or the first section (also 25 Q LR). I have a feeling our third section (second 25 Q LR) is the experimental even though it seems like everyone is saying the contrary. Are you certain those were from your first section? You'll probably do better than expected.
    52 karma
    @benjamin.mot I think they might have been from the 3rd and last but i really don't know. why do you feel like the first was experimental?
  • 82 karma
    Did anyone take the test in London?? I hat two lg sections and did fairly well on the first one and not so hot on the second one! I can't figure out which one was the experimental!
  • 35 karma
    Wow I clearly remember that nocturnal deciduous forest one giving me some trouble and now I'm thinking I made a really stupid mistake because it seems so obvious now... sigh. Test day anxiety can really mess with your psyche even for routine questions and now I can't stop thinking about little things like that. Only three weeks to go...
  • 35 karma
    @patricia. If you had two LR sections both were real
This discussion has been closed.