Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really Bummed Out

The MooseThe Moose Alum Member
in General 72 karma
So I sat the Dec. exam today going in very confident. I've been PTing in the 168-172 range for the past 5 PTs. First 3 section went by amazing, felt like those times I scored 170+. Then the LG came and I just panicked on G3. Sunk too much time so I skipped to G4 but the damage was done, my mental state was gone. Ended up guessing on 8 questions total in the LG games. I'm guessing I'll end up in the 160-163 range. Terrible. Was going to submit my applications by the end of the year but looks like I'm going to have to wait till Feb.

Any tips, to prevent future incidents like this? I'm just going to go and drill the hell out LG for the next 9 weeks.

Comments

• sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
    181 karma
    Seems like we're in similar situations! I would say keep studying and prep for feb! I wish I could do that but this was my third take unfortunately. Heck, maybe some of the guesses on G3/G4 will be right and you won't have to retake :)

On a brighter note, I was very happy with the other sections. I don't know about you, but RC is usually my weak spot. Maybe we'll ace that one instead of LG and come out relatively unscathed!
  • zotter14zotter14 Free Trial Member
    65 karma
    same boat you guys, I thought it was smooth sailing until i got to LG. 3rd and 4th game almost entirely guessed on. im hoping that some of those guesses are correct (went with C for the heck of it) and that there is a lenient curve.
  • lsatonmymindlsatonmymind Alum Member
    135 karma
    Hey all! I'm in the same situation. Just wondering, will you guys take a break or dive right into prep tomorrow?
  • Lawschool2015Lawschool2015 Alum Member
    edited December 2015 57 karma
  • GhoorchGhoorch Alum Member
    57 karma
    @Lawschool2015 :-( I'm in the same boat as you man.. on top of that shit show, I couldn't sleep because I was too excited. So I wrote the test, feeling all groggy and slow...
  • The MooseThe Moose Alum Member
    72 karma
    @crazylsatprepper I'm going to start prepping again Monday. Going to be looking to do 3 LG sections 4 days a week, mainly focusing on the older PT 1-39, and a full PT on Saturdays 9am. It looks like a lot of the new LG sections are diverging from the standard style of LG games from PT 50-68. They tend to have a "twist" on them and reminds me a lot of the older hybrid games. I guess its LSAT's way of staying innovative.
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    Yeah don't feel bad #3 got me too! I'm so bummed I'm going to have to take it in Feb and it'll be too late in the cycle for most of my schools :( I'm definitely going to be drilling hard to master mechanically applying logic when I'm drained and meditation to better deal with the unexpected.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I'd recommend about a week off entirely. Then get back into prep. All of you have scores now so you can drop apps anytime. I'd recommend dropping apps as soon as scores come out if you are in range to not get an immediate ding and then just hope they hold or wait list you until your Feb score comes back. That way your apps are in and over with and you can just focus solely on prep for Feb.
  • 84 karma
    @Pacifico I might get a score that is good enough for acceptance but I am aiming for some specific scholarships that call for higher scores. Should I still submit my applications before the end of this year?
  • splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    Navas, that is my plan, unless something unexpected happens with my score. From what I've heard from "experts", updating your score can call for an increase in scholarship and a boost in your waitlist chances.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Submit and retake in Feb for more money.
  • 84 karma
    @splitterhopeful I guess that's the best option since I don't want to late and be last in the rolling admissions season.
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    I think everyone is overreacting a tad bit. relax, its not the end of the world. smile more :)