Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Repost: Help! Do I need to cancel my score?? Struggling!

YG_LSAT!YG_LSAT! Alum Member
in General 18 karma
I just finished the 12/5 test. I don't know whether I should cancel my score.
I have two major concerns that persuade me to cancel my score:
1. I did not do well on this test at all. This is my first time taking LSAT, except for pretests. But I am sure I could do way better than this if give me more time to practice.
2. The proctors told me they had to report me because I was rewriting my name on the bubble sheet after the first 5 sections were done. I explained to them that my name was slightly erased by my hand when I filled out the bubbles, so I had to rewrite them just to be safe. They said they would send a note to LSAC and let them know I was rewriting my name instead of making marks on questions. So, they let me sign my name on the surface of the booklet, and I did. I don't know how much negative influence will this cause. I felt very upset about it.
Also, I am struggling not cancel the score, because this is the last chance for me to apply 2016 fall admission. I don't really want to take a gap year. But I do want to attend a really good law school.
So, right now, I am struggling! Really confused.
Please give me some suggestions. Also please let me know if you have any similar experiences and how you handled it! If you have any ideas about what to do during the gap year, let me know!!!!

P.S: I am an international student. I don't know how much difference will this make. So let me know if you have any ideas.

Comments

• kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    You already took the test. Most law schools take the highest score so if this one was low you could take it again. Might as well not cancel it and see where you're at. Most likely the signature thing will either cause them to place a hold on your scores until they investigate or it won't do anything at all.
  • YG_LSAT!YG_LSAT! Alum Member
    18 karma
    @kennedybj thanks for your advice,I am so sure I did awful on today test. 1. I only prepared for about 3 months. 2. I recently suffered some severe shoulder and neck discomfort that won't allow me to sit more than 20 minutes. So taking this test for about 4 hours is a big torture for me, and I believe the discomfort affected my performance as well. I don't know what to do now, as I know I will do much better in the future, but still, this is the last chance to apply for fall admission for my dream schools. But I don't want a very low score affect my much higher score in the future.
  • EcceRomeEcceRome Alum Member
    edited December 2015 26 karma
    Hey, I don't have any advice for canceling unfortunately. But if you're still having pain when you take the test next time, you should get a doctors note to get accommodated testing. If you need to stand and move around, the LSAC will accommodate your physical disability, even if it's temporary. If you need some direction on accommodated testing, I can direct you in the right direction. There are also a lot of schools that will take Feb and July scores--but I don't know if those are the schools on your list. :)

Edit: Jesus, I'm tired from this test. Could I have used the word direct more? Hah.
  • YG_LSAT!YG_LSAT! Alum Member
    18 karma
    @EcceRome thank you very much. I don't even know I can have accommodated testing. I don't know whether I will retake the test in Feb. But I will definitely need your direction on this if I am not getting better soon.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    I generally advise folks NOT to cancel unless:

1) You had a major bubbling error from which you were not able to recover
    2) You were physically/mentally incapacitated during the test (for instance, having a seizure, vomiting on your test booklet/answer sheet)
    3) You had a bathroom emergency that kept you out of the testing room for more than 5 minutes