Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Third logic game...

notansarinotansari Alum Member
edited December 2015 in General 39 karma
hahahahahaha

*cries*

Comments

• splitterhopefulsplitterhopeful Alum Member
    340 karma
    I don't think we're allowed to talk about this?
  • notansarinotansari Alum Member
    39 karma
    I was under the impression we're allowed to talk about the test as long as there's *no* specifics. I'll happily delete this if I'm wrong though. :)
  • cahunt5221cahunt5221 Alum Member
    47 karma
    That questions was absolute garbage, I've literally never seen anything like it. Sucks that that will likely singlehandedly crush my t-14 aspirations.
    340 karma
    I don't remember how many questions were on that game... wish I did...
  • mimimimimimimimi Free Trial Member
    368 karma
    5. Thank god.
  • joannewujoannewu Member
    53 karma
    @cahunt5221 which one are you guys talking about?! I'm trying to figure out which one of my LGs was experimental
    340 karma
    The harder one was the real one unfortunately, Joanne. I had 2 LG sections also.
  • nikdim67nikdim67 Member
    51 karma
    Does anyone remember how many questions were in the 4th LG? I believe it was 6?
  • lalafiggylalafiggy Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    Jesus what a disaster that section was. Thank god I had it last so it didn't mess up my concentration for the other ones...
  • 84 karma
    I skipped the 3rd game to go to the fourth but I found that the fourth was incredibly hard for me too. Was it actually hard or did I just panick?
  • sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
    edited December 2015 181 karma
    I found both games 3 and 4 incredibly hard because I had that same instinct! Both those games are crapshoots for me. Hopefully the LSAT gods gave me some intuition on the ones I randomly circled! Not looking forward to my reported score :(
  • Camila.M.Camila.M. Free Trial Member
    41 karma
    I skipped through game 3 and was able to figure out game 4 which wasn't too bad when I drew out worlds. I had 10 minutes left and even so I literally had no idea what to do for game 3. I guessed on 4/5 of those questions. Blah.
  • 35 karma
    game 4 was not that hard but 3 was a time sink and threw me off so that it affected my performance in 4 (which probably would have been an easy game under different circumstances) :(
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I thought game 2 was the hardest... Game 4 was pretty easy if you got the mathematical inferences for the distribution which came up in a unique way... It was actually harder if you started splitting immediately than if you took the time up front to fill in your master since it was a very restricted game... Game 3 you just had to say hey they gave me the board and just apply it... Game 1 was a hilarious under 4 minute game for me... I don't think I've ever done a fresh game that fast but I knew there was some nonsense ahead...
  • sean.marzsean.marz Alum Member
    181 karma
    You're right there... Game 1 felt so good that you knew there was trouble ahead! You might be on to something with game 2, even though I got through it I might have been 2 slow. I can't wait to see game 4 again and get that 'aha' inference that I missed during timed. Oh well!
  • edited December 2015 35 karma
    Lol at game 1. I was thinking the same thing. 2 was definitely tougher and took longer so I left one blank that I was planning to go back to but didn't have the time... At least we might have a nice little 1-3 point curve
    340 karma
    I hate getting an easy first game. They always "compensate" with some cluster**** later on. I'd rather have 4 of moderate difficulty.
  • mimimimimimimimi Free Trial Member
    368 karma
    Walking out of the building after the test, I had to borrow a phone so I just randomly spoke to a stranger about how ridiculous the test was (I just had to vent). He was like, what is LSAT? Ha that moment was surreal.
  • selenaa.c.59selenaa.c.59 Member
    14 karma
    I skipped game 3 to go to 4 but then ended up sinking so much time into it and still failing it miserably. By the time I turned back to game 3 I was already in panic mood and just circled random things. Thank god it was the last section so it didn't screw me over for anything. But still, I sure hope I did well for all the other sections b/c I know LG is going to be a train wreck this time around.
  • alexandra_valexandra_v Member
    31 karma
    The third game killed me too....the first three sections felt pretty good so I knew the games were going to be hard.
    As a side question - does LSAC email you when the scores are in? Or do you just have to check your account all the time?
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    you get a mail
  • EcceRomeEcceRome Alum Member
    edited December 2015 26 karma
    Skipped the third game too to go to the fourth. Took up a bit too much time on the fourth, got really nervous then went back to the third. I figured out that the third actually wasn't as scary as I thought, but I was still so pressed that I'm not sure that I made the right inferences. It's probably a game that I would destroy in BR, which is really frustrating. I'm hoping I've got some luck on my side and that my LR was okay because damn if not.
  • bbagsiesbbagsies Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    I was feeling so confident going into logic games until I hit the third game, and then the world crumbled. I did it in a good amount of time, and then I just failed at the fourth game. They were absurd together. So much anger. I'm happy to see that other people struggled with these games as well...
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    Yeah that section was rough...LSAT LG3 got me and my dreams in time for the holidays like image
    340 karma
    Can somebody help me remember -- I had 2 logic games sections, so I don't recall for sure: Was the first real logic game the one where it was basically like "t can go 1,2, or 3" and "z can go 4, 5, or 6"? That one was stupid easy... I hope that it was real... 0.o
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yeah that was real.
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    Overall I felt LG section was much easier than normal
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    @kennedybj said:
    Overall I felt LG section was much easier than normal
    Said no one ever.

LOL

Fuck I was absolutely cruising through the test yesterday, I messed up on Oct due to misreading a logic game, so I was prepared this time.

I had it last (thank god), and I ripped through Games 1 and 2 super fast, only to get to Game 3 and immediately nope out of there to Game 4.

I had trouble with Game 4 in the sense that I answered everything but I didn't feel fully confident.

Then went back to Game 3 and literally had 6min but I was frozen like a popsicle. I slowly watched time tick down as I sat there and then went All As.

rip
    340 karma
    I did the same as many many other people, apparently -- a 15 second look at Game 3 and then "lol wut, no" and then onto Game 4, which didn't strike me as particularly hard. I split boards on every rule. Game 3... I bruted the first one and then the rest I guessed... no A's at all. So maybe one of us will do ok, @bSM45LSAT
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Just curious with the general consences being that most 7Sagers taking the exam yesterday seem to have had the most issues with LGs 3 & 4, what would you have done differently to better prepare for it?
    697 karma
    Well honestly I didnt have a problem on LG at all. -1 at the most. and i didnt prepare for LG at all after Oct LSAT. I think for me, watching all of Jy's video explanations helped me see this games differently, allowing me to finish them extremely fast. And since i finished fast, i was able to go through every answer choice on G3 and maybe i got lucky because when i was testing the answers from one questions, it helped me on others, so yeah watching those videos really helped me.For LG, speed seems to be key. Most people can do them when given a large amount of time, its the 35 min limit that causes mayhem.
  • kittyahmedkittyahmed Free Trial Member
    58 karma
    @Sheri123 better prep would have been to take a different test (I'm only partially kidding). Like @Pacifico the math inferences about the distribution in LG4 made it much easier - but it took me too long to realize that. I feel like 3 was more about probability than any other game I've seen - did anyone else feel the same? All in all, I feel like @nessa.k13.0's gif...
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Kennedybj, do you think any particular sets of games helped you deal with it better than others? Did you watch from PT - Current ones?
    697 karma
    @Sheri123 I watched all the explanations from the starter course and a few from newer tests (61-71).When i took my diagnostic test i missed over half of the LG section, mainly because i just couldnt finish in time.so i watched ever explanation in the starter course. Before i watched I would try my way to solve the games, then watch jy solve them his way. eventually i adopted his techniques, and got to where i was solving games exactly as he did before i even watched the videos.and once i got to that point i understood how to do it. I actually love the LG section now because i know its essentially a free 100 lol
  • rhinofoodrhinofood Free Trial Member
    11 karma
    How many questions were on game 4 again?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Hey guys, please keep all Dec. LSAT discussions on this thread:
    http://7sage.com/forums/discussion/6289/official-dec-lsat-discussion
This discussion has been closed.