Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do NOT erase, cross out.

ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
edited May 2014 in Logic Games 210 karma
J.Y. has repeatedly told us not to erase in the LG section but to cross out, especially when we are making our game board.
I'm a notorious eraser and wanted to know why its bad to erase?
Does this take up more time for me? I don't want to cross out bc I'm nervous I will look at what I had crossed out under pressure.
The erasing thing has been bugging me all week and wanted to know why we should erase what so ever.

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2014 3658 karma
    Nuella! Heck yeah it's a time-killer! Plus, you don't want to find yourself in a situation where you accidently erase a valuable inference that you had drawn out from the indented rules. Write neatly and in an organized fashion! That will give you less of a reason to erase!
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    There's no reason to erase. You have plenty of space now, so that's no longer a concern. Drawing a new diagram doesn't take any longer than erasing, and in most instances will take less time. It's much easier to cross out comprehensively than it is to erase comprehensively, and crossing out has the advantage of not forcing you to turn your pencil around and/or put down your pencil so you can scrub at your paper with a separate eraser. This preserves your work flow - just cross out and keep writing.

Also, you run the risk of destroying your test booklet. No joke. Erase on the same spot a few times with that crappy recycled paper they use for test booklets, and see what happens. Not something you want to have happen to you in the middle of the big day.