Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question

lsatingslsatings Alum Member
in General 349 karma
Hi,

I've been taking a few timed tests lately (after I received some good advice to do so) and have been consistently scoring 164 on all the exams. I took a timed practice test last night and scored a 165 after a few days of extensive blind review. I'm currently trying to take the upcoming LSAT exam (February '16) and my goal is to score at least a 170 (but would ideally like to score 173+). I would rather not push it off until June. I quit my job, moved home to study, and after a lot of distractions there I recently moved back to the city this week and have been putting in a lot of uninterrupted work towards the LSAT. I need to get a job again soon but also know that I have to make the difficult decision of prioritizing the LSAT.

From those who have some insights to share -- do you think that it is possible to hit a 170+ by the February exam date? If I'm scoring a consistent 164/165 on timed exams now? I have until the end of December to register for the February LSAT, so any information + advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @LSATsagha said:
    From those who have some insights to share -- do you think that it is possible to hit a 170+ by the February exam date? If I'm scoring a consistent 164/165 on timed exams now?
    You're likely in the 165 plateau. You've got the 168/169 plateau ahead of you. Depending on how long you've been at the current score range, I'd estimate you are likely at least (!!) 6 weeks from 170's consistency. This is based solely on my own experience and what I hear from people on the boards/my students.

Keep on pushing. Keep PT'ing and BR'ing. Make your decision very close to Dec 31st. If you're not already in the very high 160's by then I'd say 170-173+ in Feb. is a very, very unlikely occurrence. If you have seen a few low 170's by Dec 31st then I'd say go for it, no question!
  • lsatingslsatings Alum Member
    349 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    Make your decision very close to Dec 31st. If you're not already in the very high 160's by then I'd say 170-173+ in Feb. is a very, very unlikely occurrence.
    This is reassuring, thank you. My plan is to take a timed practice test every other day (I have all the exams) and blind review in between with the occasional rest days. Maybe do some content review with the strategy books I have on the weekends. Fingers crossed!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited December 2015 7965 karma
    @LSATsagha said:
    My plan is to take a timed practice test every other day (I have all the exams) and blind review in between with the occasional rest days.
    Might be too many PT's—you do not want to burn out :) Shoot for 3 a week as a maximum. You MUST take a full day off of LSAT, especially when you're going this hard. That's an order! :) And limit the number of hours a day you spend doing this stuff.

And never forget:

• lsatingslsatings Alum Member
    349 karma
    @nicole.hopkins haha I love parks and rec that was a perfect gif choice. But yeah I agree. I should definitely make sure to not over do the studying so I don't burn out.