Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOR & Waiting for December results

badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
in General 316 karma
Hi,
So I'm waiting for my LSAT results like everyone else, and I'm wondering what to be doing about my apps in the meantime. Depending on my December score, I will either apply this cycle or wait this one out.

Is it okay if my professors submit their LORs this month, and I just apply with these same LORs next year? Or would I have to ask them again next year to submit another one if I don't apply this cycle?

I don't know if my question makes sense but basically I don't know how to respond to my Professors' questions because I don't know for sure what I'm doing yet.

Comments

• badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    PS I know the CAS subscription lasts for 5 years, so could I just keep the LORs on file for the next year?
  • fishtwentyfivefishtwentyfive Free Trial Member
    edited December 2015 227 karma
    @badgalriri
    You can 100% keep the same LORs on file for however long you want. Better get them now too so you are also relevant in the writers' minds (i.e. if you are done with undergrad this year).
    If the professors ask you for dates and stuff for when you want the letter done by, you should tell them as if you are going to apply this year so that you have the LORs this year if you do apply.

They don't need to submit twice.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Get them in and uploaded ASAP and then they can just sit their until you need them or they expire in 5 years.
  • So.. if one is reapplying, are new LORs preferred over older ones? How much does this matter?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    No it really doesn't matter since they understand you're not likely to be accumulating new references in that time. If you can add in an extra one that's great. So if you had 2-3 academic coming out of UG and then took an extra year and got some WE, a professional LOR is great to add to the mix. You should definitely draft a new PS though, because they can pull your previous file if they want to and some schools will not like that you were too lazy to write a new one.
  • Thanks! That reduces the burden of asking proffs from college to write new recos. I'll get one from work.
  • KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
    260 karma
    Whew, I was thinking about this too. Glad to hear that I can keep the same LORs
  • Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
    1018 karma
    Very happy to read this! I have two LORs on file and may apply next cycle instead.
  • Thanks for this post, I am in the same boat. I took the Dec. test and I am still skeptical in my score and i am leaning towards retaking and applying in the next cycle. I have 3 LOR's on file and I was hoping I could keep those. Thank you :)
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    Thank u for all the advice! @Pacifico