Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letter Of Rec Vs. Eval -LSAC Application?

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
in General 1024 karma
What is the difference and any insight here? I have looked around but have not been able to find much.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Evals are stupid, do not bother with them. You should already have 2-4 awesome letters by now if you're applying this cycle.
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    @Pacifico I have my four but I didn't want to be the only one without Evals. Lol
    8021 karma
    Trust me you're better off being the only one without Evals... There is a reason some schools don't accept them at all... Also, if you don't have a fifth LOR in your back pocket then saving the fourth for a wait list can sometimes be a beneficial strategy... It can be hard to determine this in advance but it is a great opportunity to provide substance in your wait list communication beyond a simple LOCI...
  • mannermanmannerman Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    4 LORs? Do we really need that many? If we only have the standard 2 does that mean we should supplement our apps with evaluations?
    8021 karma
    No, evaluations are just a product LSAC made up that schools and adcoms generally loathe. They will not be adding value to your app. As long as you meet the minimum you're fine and LORs are all about quality over quantity. One caveat is if you are far removed from K-JD then 2 academic/1 work related is a great way to go.