Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UCSB retake Jan 9

stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
edited December 2015 in General 3197 karma
Anyone impacted by this? This would be my absolute worst nightmare.

Comments

• sarahfatima28sarahfatima28 Alum Member
    320 karma
    It must be so frustrating to go through the entire ordeal all over again. Sympathies to all those who have to take it again. Stay positive. Look for the silver lining.
  • J.H. SongJ.H. Song Alum Member
    201 karma
    Could it be possible that LSAC may make their replacement test on January 9th a little easier to make up for it?
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    edited December 2015 349 karma
    As a heads up to anyone who sees this and is affected, one of the tutors from the lsat trainer is offering free tutoring to anyone who has to take the retake. He posted it on the lsat reddit board.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"J.H. Song" said:
    Could it be possible that LSAC may make their replacement test on January 9th a little easier to make up for it?
    LOL! No!
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    @"J.H. Song" said:
  • johnmelconjohnmelcon Free Trial Member
    21 karma
    Wow, got scared when I saw this. I took the December test at Westmont College, also in Santa Barbara, but it seems our center was not affected. I can imagine the frustration of those who took the test at UCSB. I feel for you guys.

Incidentally, I would highly recommend Westmont when available. Beautiful serene campus, nice room with huge desks, and only 15 test takers. Couldn't have asked for a better test environment.
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    edited December 2015 821 karma
    Can someone give me some background? Why is there a retake?
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    edited December 2015 697 karma
    @StopLawying said:
    Can someone give me some background? Why is there a retake?
    [Mod edit: link to abovethelaw]
    http://abovethelaw.com/2015/12/how-the-grinch-lost-the-lsat-exams-a-crappy-christmas-caper/
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    The score sheets were lost by UPS I saw it because Ann Levine called out the LSAC on Twitter for losing them! Basically a letter got sent out saying that they were offering a retake, a refund and a free test. So they have to retest on Jan 9 or take Frb or it's a cancellation.

Oh man... Can you imagine if you cancelled your score from that test center? Pretty sure they miss the retest options and refunds... Hmmm
  • pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
    477 karma
    I am surprised they use ups . What a hassle if you did well. Not sure how many can do equally well on tests a month apart
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Pissed is such an understatement!
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @pritisharma said:
    Not sure how many can do equally well on tests a month apart
    They'll be fine, if they were fine for December. If the skills are there, they don't rust so quickly. IF they're there :)
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    ^this
    I barely studied between the October exam and the December exam, and I walked out of the December exam feeling a lot more confident. If you have studied effectively for a log period of time and have been correctly utilizing the POE, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.