Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dec LSAT Score

UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
in General 349 karma
I've seen a lot of predictions for LSAT score release being 12/31. How is this possible since LSAC is is closed 12/24-1/4?

Comments

• kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    That's a great question. I find it highly unlikely
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Guys. LSAC will release the score prior to the registration deadline. Don't overthink this :)
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    349 karma
    @kennedybj Yea I do as well. But a few of the predictions have been from reputable sources so I was wondering if they knew something I don't.lol Like how LSAC can release scores when they are closed. Also some are saying since LSAC sent out emails to the people who took the test at Santa Barbara letting them know their tests were lost that they should be here soon but thats just rumor.

7965 karma
    @UsernameChange said:
    But a few of the predictions have been from reputable sources so I was wondering if they knew something I don't.
    Assume they do ;)
    7965 karma
    @UsernameChange said:
    they should be here soon
    ... No ...
    697 karma
    buy hey im not going to complain if they are released tomorrow, its just unrealistic
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    First of all... What does LSAC being closed even mean? When the grocery store closes there are still people working to stock the shelves and clean. So perhaps it just means you can't call them. Or perhaps since we are dealing with scantrons and such it could be an almost fully automated process that can be set in motion beforehand.

Furthermore, LSAC employees are masters of obfuscation and misdirection. I called them on gray day in October about an unrelated matter and I happened to ask how long the rollout would take and they told me scores would be out in November. You guys are reading into this way too much when there are wicked simple solutions to be had.
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I called them on gray day in October about an unrelated matter and I happened to ask how long the rollout would take and they told me scores would be out in November.
    LOL ... Wow :)
  • J.H. SongJ.H. Song Alum Member
    201 karma
    Nooo. Clicked into this discussion expecting a "today" by Mike Spivey :(
    edited December 2015 697 karma
    @UsernameChange said:
    Also some are saying since LSAC sent out emails to the people who took the test at Santa Barbara letting them know their tests were lost that they should be here soon but thats just rumor.

[Mod edit: link to abovethelaw]
    http://abovethelaw.com/2015/12/how-the-grinch-lost-the-lsat-exams-a-crappy-christmas-caper/
    697 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    First of all... What does LSAC being closed even mean? When the grocery store closes there are still people working to stock the shelves and clean. So perhaps it just means you can't call them. Or perhaps since we are dealing with scantrons and such it could be an almost fully automated process that can be set in motion beforehand.

Today my transcript was marked as received but not processed by LSAC..sent my transcript in almost 4 weeks ago...what kind of mind games are they playing??? lol
  • NoonercsNoonercs Alum Member
    14 karma
    My thing says they're gonna notify me of my score on Jan 5th but the deadline is tomorrow so I'm kind of confused here because how am i supposed to know if I have to retake if i don't get my score til after the deadline registration?
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @Noonec they usually get scores out on or slightly before the deadline, regardless of the "scores" date. For instance, in October, they released on the 22nd which was right around the deadline.

A word of caution: many test centers will fill up rapidly once scores start getting released (they go out in waves with the first recipients receiving theirs, at random, 5+ hours earlier than the last). Keep an eye on your test centers. If they go red, consider signing up just in case.
    349 karma
    Also @Noonec they(LSAC) are doing some new refund policy according to Dave Killoran from powerscore. Apparently if you don't get your score back before the deadline and you sign up for a retake you can get a refund if you decide not to retake.
    349 karma
    Actually it is a refund of the late registration fee I guess. http://lsac.org/jd/announcements-and-news#retest
  • J.H. SongJ.H. Song Alum Member
    201 karma
    @UsernameChange Exactly this! The only concern anyone should have is for test center availability. I assume seats are generally less-filled on February, but you should still look into it, maybe contact the test center.
  • markg.aafmarkg.aaf Member
    31 karma
    Does anyone know what time of day LSAC starts releasing scores? I know they do it in batches, but I'm just planning when I need to be around my computer pointlessly refreshing my LSAC account (as if I haven't been doing that already lol)
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @markg.aaf said:
    Does anyone know what time of day LSAC starts releasing scores? I know they do it in batches, but I'm just planning when I need to be around my computer pointlessly refreshing my LSAC account (as if I haven't been doing that already lol)
    FWIW, I got my score at around 11:45 at night. The first batch of emails went out around 6:40 after the October exam.
  • sarahfatima28sarahfatima28 Alum Member
    320 karma
    Good luck to you all! Hope the scores are above your expectations!
    edited December 2015 697 karma
    Gray?

Admin edit: No official indication that today is Gray Day yet :) As of 9:40AM CT.
    4344 karma
    Nope folks, not gray yet. We will keep you posted! Believe me, I am stalking the Twitterverse and will bring you the info as soon as I can (unless @"Mike Spivey" beats me to it!).
  • wlamontwlamont Member
    120 karma
    I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    697 karma
    Omg that was supposed to be a question mark! Didn't mean to upset anyone :(
    4344 karma
    No prob @kennedybj just wanted to prevent mass panic/rioting :D
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    "Hey, I hope you guys don’t mind me dropping in on this epic thread. I did so because I wanted to clarify the point above, so that everyone understood how it works. For June and October, LSAC typically gives us (test prep companies) a heads-up that scores will be released that day. They don’t do that for February, because that LSAT is not released to the public. In December, it depends on when the test is released. If it’s released during the LSAC break or on a holiday, no company gets prior notice (because there’s no admins there). So, if scores are released any time in the next four days, no one will know until the indicators go gray. I know that’s confusing, but that’s just how they do it. If it was up to me, I’d release your scores right now!

Anyway, I just thought that was worth knowing. Thanks!"
    -CEO of Powerscore

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=257421&start=25750
    697 karma
    In October, mine didn't turn gray until almost 630 pm and I got the emailed scores at 11:42 that night, so no sense in worrying. when they come they'll come
  • kaytheehkaytheeh Member
    132 karma
    "Gray" is suddenly and unexpectedly my most longed for color.
  • sarahfatima28sarahfatima28 Alum Member
    320 karma
    On a lighter note, you guys have been waiting since last year ;) Hope this misery ends soon. Happy New year everybody!
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    has the LSAC ever released on 1/1?
    697 karma
    Yes!
    4344 karma
    I believe scores came out on this day last year :)
  • AtcolsatAtcolsat Free Trial Member
    22 karma
    does anyone know when scores are coming out?
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    @Atlantico, not really, the official scheduled release by date is Jan 5th but in most cases it has been released earlier than the official date. Which is why you might have seen the predicted release date by Powerscore of Dec 31st. Some seem to have thought it would be released on Dec 31st because of the deadline for registering for the Feb LSAT.
    175 karma
    whats gray day?
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    @as5324therapy said:
    whats gray day?
    When your account status icon on LSAC turns to gray, you can typically expect your score in the coming hours.
    175 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful" said:
    When your account status icon on LSAC turns to gray, you can typically expect your score in the coming hours.
    thanks!
  • manomadymanomady Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    At what hour of the day does everyone usually stop refreshing, 6:30 PM or so?
    349 karma
    Yea the "experts" say if it isn't under way by 7 eastern then it's likely not going to happen that day.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    In case you all haven't seen this, someone updated the "Hilter Waits for his LSAT score" for this Dec test... It's a funny update if you've seen the old version.
  • i.pollocki.pollock Free Trial Member
    20 karma
    Haha that video was spot on. Although I'm fairly certain I didn't get the score I need or want this time around, there's still a glimmer of hope left in me because I still haven't seen the official score. LSAC, for the sake of my sanity, please release them soooooooooooooooooooooon!
  • keeper962keeper962 Member
    32 karma
    I hope it comes out today: look at this USNews article that came out today the 4th- they talk as if they scores have already been release is this a good sign the scores will be released today?
    http://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/law-admissions-lowdown/articles/2016-01-04/weigh-retaking-the-lsat-in-february-applying-with-a-low-december-score
  • jth11jjth11j Alum Member
    17 karma
    I think that article is a sick inside joke made by lsac
    697 karma
    Dave Killoran from powerscore suggested that this article was written some time before today and was scheduled to be posted today,having assumed that scores would have already been released
    349 karma
    That article is horribly written. Scores have not been released yet so the first line is completely off.
  • brent.a.phillips24brent.a.phillips24 Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    This article is usually spot on with the date of the release. I'm almost certain that scores are being released today. Stay tuned...
    4344 karma
    @keeper962 said:
    they talk as if they scores have already been release is this a good sign the scores will be released today?
    @kennedybj said:
    and was scheduled to be posted today,having assumed that scores would have already been released
    Too funny! Scores are indeed NOT yet out but this sums up how strange it feels to have not yet gone gray. If you'd told me we'd be having this conversation today about a week ago, I would have slapped you with a fish.

697 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    I would have slapped you with a fish.

Jonah veggietales movie....
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Don't worry... they will be out in a couple of days max and likely tomorrow... while it is usual for the LSAC to release scores early, there have been cases where it has released them on the predicted day and in one case even a day later.
    697 karma
    @keeper962 said:
    I hope it comes out today: look at this USNews article that came out today the 4th- they talk as if they scores have already been release is this a good sign the scores will be released today?
    http://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/law-admissions-lowdown/articles/2016-01-04/weigh-retaking-the-lsat-in-february-applying-with-a-low-december-score
    They fixed the article...
    Now it says "Once the scores have been released tomorrow"
  • IPmummySFIPmummySF Alum Member
    73 karma
    My LSAC account just changed to 1/4/16 as the email score release date!!!