Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To register or not for Feb ?

pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
in General 477 karma
As the Feb deadline looms I am asking myself if I will be able to achieve my target score by Feb . I am in the high 60s now and aiming for low -mid 70s.. say a 5 point gain in a month ? Has it been done ? The only reason to register in Feb would be to get it done with. LSAT seems to have taken over my life . At the same time do not want to risk my score. The worry with June is that it is so far removed from Feb I risk losing momentum that I currently have. Thoughts ?

Comments

• NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    edited December 2015 1654 karma
    Are you planning on applying this application cycle, or next cycle? If it's the latter, wait until June.
    L--->WUJ
  • pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
    477 karma
    Well the way I look at it is I should plan to apply with the right score. I would have loved to apply this year but really I think it may be more important to apply with the right score .
  • __Juan____Juan__ Alum Member
    edited January 2016 184 karma
    If the schools you're planning to apply with only look at your best score, then I would do it. It could save you a bunch of time and stress.
  • sarahfatima28sarahfatima28 Alum Member
    320 karma
    I think June. I am doing the same. I wanted to apply this cycle but messed up. But I don't want to rush, just to get the LSAT part done (at least) in February.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Never waste a take. If you're not ready and you take it, you've wasted that take.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Absolutely wait until you can honestly say you are ready. Best of luck to you!
    477 karma
    Thank you all !!! did not register .. soo not looking forward to telling the family ...
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Been there before, and it's easier said than done, but you have to do what's best for you and only you know what that is. It'll work out!
    320 karma
    @pritisharma HAHAHAHAHA! IKR
    When people get to know i have postponed (again), all i end up doing is turn red, look down and mumble stuff. I think the worst part about delaying - hands down, is telling family and friends. Oh the shame! :(
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited January 2016 6866 karma
    If only you could force everyone who criticizes your decision to take the test for themselves. Even just one section would probably shut most of them up pretty quick. And the ones who won't shut up are either so smart that you could probably learn something from them, or so dumb that you probably shouldn't listen to what they have to say anyway.
    320 karma
    @"Jonathan Wang" Sigh! True. I guess such situations just test our resolve. How committed are we? If we can't handle this then how will we handle waaaayyy more difficult situations.

@pritisharma we cannot let it bog us down. Fighting!
    edited January 2016 477 karma
    @"Jonathan Wang" so true and thanks... and @sarahfatima28 ya this test does test your resolve and I have questioned myself many times "how much do I want this" esp since this is going to be my second career . Also .. the shame :-( by now my family thinks I am a complete idiot for doing this to myself, but I keep downgrading their definition of one. Haaaa.
    320 karma
    I totally get you @pritisharma my family thinks I am a fool and just wasting time. We just need to stay positive during this time. Good luck buddy.
    320 karma
    Our Anthem!

• amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    LOLOL AT THE SONG
    477 karma
    thanks @sarahfatima28 for the anthem :-)
    320 karma
    Hi5!