Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who feels they are ready to take the June LSAT

mzsheribaby2983mzsheribaby2983 Alum Member
edited April 2014 in June 2014 LSAT 58 karma
I feel so unprepared and am finding a hard time to find a balance between being an author, mom, wife and LSAT. Any tips?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Author? What's your book called?
  • mzsheribaby2983mzsheribaby2983 Alum Member
    58 karma
    I have out right now part one of a series called The Imperfect Love. I also have an older short story available Tales of the Broken Hearted. They are available on Barnes and Nobles and Amazon
  • ArchiebootsArchieboots Alum Member
    155 karma
    If you feel unprepared and not ready then you should consider taking it in October or December instead. The LSAT is an exam you need to be ready for and being confident plays a big part in it - and confidence comes with lots of practice and good results.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Seriously though... now is not the time to be worrying about whether you are prepared or now but rather now is when you should be in full prep mode... its more than 2 months to the exam and that is good time... if you're still like this after say about 3 - 5 weeks, then think about cancelling... However, this is a personal decision... and yes I vote with lyfioentino you should only take the LSAT when you are comfortable doing so. I just think you will have a better assessment closer to the test date.
    58 karma
    Thanks. I'm thinking about withdrawing and taking the September but I will wait a couple of weeks to see how things go
    155 karma
    I think the deadline is May 5 or something? So until then, do your best and evaluate in a few weeks. I feel already super busy with a full-time job and the LSAT so I cannot imagine with kids.
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    You can cancel or move your registration until the day before the exam, though after a certain date you forfeit your registration fee. Don't feel compelled to take the test just because you've already put up some money, though. If you're not ready, not only will you have still wasted that money, but you'll also have a stain on your record to deal with.

You'll know you're ready when two things are true:

1) You are scoring where you want to be scoring on practice tests (and preferably higher, as people tend to do worse on test day)
    2) You feel confident in your ability to replicate a score that you're happy with

If even one of those things is not true, you cannot take the test. Period. You won't magically score better on test day than you did on your practice tests, and you certainly can't afford to have self-doubt crippling you every step of the way. In the meantime, study hard and try to get to a good place. If you can't, there's always October. Good luck!
    58 karma
    Thanks. I'm withdrawing and taking the September one.
    155 karma
    Good luck mzsheribaby2983! I've withdrawn in the past and did not regret my decision. You have to be ready and as comfortable as possible for that test.
  • rachelle-1-1rachelle-1-1 Member
    10 karma
    Is anyone else having trouble accessing their paid version of the course? Is there some way you login with your subscription ID? It's only letting me view the free trial stuff... HELP!!!!
  • NellysLSATNellysLSAT Alum Member
    186 karma
    @rachelle-1-1 something similar happened to me . I made a silly error. I had set up two separate accounts , one for the free trial and then another when I paid. and I kept on trying to access the paid account with the free trial username/password.
  • jordan_lamontagne09jordan_lamontagne09 Alum Member
    14 karma
    As for those of us who have decided to change their test date and write it in September instead, have you already done this? I tried but it won't let me because registration for september 2014 hasn't opened yet.
    155 karma
    Hi Jordan - I emailed lsac and they said that registration for September will be open before the deadline for changing June date is reached. I have read on a few blogs that the window will be short though - like they might open the September date on May 20 and the deadline will be May 25. Check their website everyday, that's what I am doing.
  • tmcneely1tmcneely1 Alum Member
    2 karma
    I'm thinking about withdrawing from the June administration and taking the test in September but if I don't score as well as I had hoped and I have to take the December administration too, am I going to be arriving too late in the game for Fall 2015 law school applications? Anyone willing to drop some knowledge would be very helpful!
  • jordan_lamontagne09jordan_lamontagne09 Alum Member
    14 karma
    I'm in the same boat, I feel like i am not fully prepared for the June test and for me the only advantage I see in taking it is to get a feel for what it is actually like on test day. Is that worth the risk of a possibly poor LSAT mark? I don't think it is. I'll be putting all my eggs in one basket for September 2015 enrollment if I only take the September exam, but with a few hard months of studying already under my belt I'm going to rock it.
  • jessicabisharajessicabishara Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    If you write the June LSAT and don't feel like you did well, can't you just cancel your score? You would have to cancel before you actually got the score, of course, but at least you still get a feel for the test. I am not sure if law schools would see that you cancelled your score.... Anybody know?
  • ikethelsatikethelsat Alum Member
    193 karma
    Yep you can cancel immediately after you have done the test, and yes schools will see that. Whether or not they care is open to debate, because they rarely comment on how they view it.
  • KellyLBNKellyLBN Alum Member
    4 karma
    Jonathan - if you're planning on applying to two law schools that do NOT average your scores, would you recommend taking the June test i.e. Monday in order to get a feel for the exam and experience? I only discovered 7Sage 3 weeks ago and am therefore only 40 percent through my course syllabus with obviously a lot more to go…any advice is much appreciated as I am truly waffling.