Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plans for Last Week before June LSAT

elvisliveselvislives Alum Member
edited June 2014 in General 97 karma
Hey guys, what's everyone planning re: their prep for the final week? I'm going to continue on business as usual, writing PT 70 tomorrow, PT 71 Thursday, and PT65 on Saturday, with review days in between. I find that if I take a full day off prior to writing a test I don't do as well, so I'm going to review as I normally would this Sunday.

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    If you're certain that is what works best for you, go with that. But in general, it's better to rest the day before (no preptests, review, no LSAT thoughts...) and to do a little bit of each section the morning of the test.

Even if you feel you need to do LSAT up until the test, don't overdo it. If you sense that you are tiring yourself with three PTs in the preceding week, it might be healthier to cut it down to two.
  • attorney2be-1attorney2be-1 Alum Member
    10 karma
    I'm just working on games. 2+ hours each day now until Saturday. I haven't even looked at the writing. I don't want to stress myself out over an un-scored section. Plus you spend so much time writing your PS and supplemental essays (if applicable) for the application processes shouldn't that be enough? the writing section is no right or wrong answer. just make a valid argument. anywhoo that's my plan. Thanks for the reminder LSATisland, to not study the day before and just do a lil bit of each section the morning of. I needed that. :)
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    No problem. I wouldn't focus too much on the unscored essay. When I received my score from LSAC, they sent a copy of the essay as well. I had a hard time making out my own writing and I don't have too bad of a handwriting. It was more the fact that it's a photocopy of a penciled essay, and the erasures etc.. obfuscates it. I doubt too much attention is given to the essay by the schools.
  • ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
    210 karma
    Hey @smwznk15 it's really what works for everyone. I plan to write 3 this week too and time myself in LR and RC on days of review as well, even the day before because my only problem now is getting the timing down... but i'm making sure to do that in the morning the day before the test and going to a movie that evening, so ultimately up to you.
  • MrLSAT180-1MrLSAT180-1 Free Trial Member
    24 karma
    I think it depends on the person. My plan is to do a Preptest a day. I finished PT 66 today, and I'm going to continue to do a PT every day until Saturday (PT 71). Sunday, I'll probably take the day off to rest. I want to have the recent pattern of LSATs fresh in my mind.