Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I bother applying to Dalhousie or Victoria? Any advice is appreciated.

Beans777Beans777 Free Trial Member
in General 20 karma
Hi there,
I just got back my December LSAT score and it was worse than I thought. It was my first time taking it and I got 155, my PT's were in the 159-162 range and BR's were 162-166 range. My GPA isn't great either - Last 2 years- 3.267/4.3 and 3.303/4.33 with drops (in other words about a B average). Do I have a shot at getting in to either Dalhousie or Victoria? Should bother applying now for this September (2016) or just boost my lsat and wait for september 2017. I really don't want to wait another year, but I would be in a rush to finish my personal statement in time for this year. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• flixiconflixicon Free Trial Member
    18 karma
    sorry for the reality check: you have almost no chance at either school unless you are applying in the indigenous category.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I wouldn't. I have a better GPA than you and I applied last year with a 157 LSAT and didn't get into Victoria. I would say out for Dalhousie as well.
    Don't get discouraged! You can do it!!!!
  • Beans777Beans777 Free Trial Member
    20 karma
    Thanks for the feedback. Not so much a reality check, but rather a confirmation of what I already thought. I'm very confident I could get a higher lsat score next time around. I just didn't want to wait a whole year for the next cycle and friends were saying I could definitely get into Dal and possibly Vic (although I was skeptical). Thanks again
  • shainabarbershainabarber Alum Member
    109 karma
    You probably already know this, but just in case:

I like to look at the applicant profile grid on LSAC to get a good idea of my chances for different schools. Here's what they have for Victoria (scroll to bottom)

http://www.lsac.org/jd/choosing-a-law-school/canadian/victoria
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I mean, it doesn't hurt to try but I definitely think you are for sure out at Victoria. You can apply to Dal in hopes that maybe they let you in and, who knows, they just might!