Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to focus, focus, focus!!

ellie1991ellie1991 Alum Member
edited January 2016 in February 2016 LSAT 237 karma
I'm taking the Feb test, the closer the date is the less focused I am when taking practice tests. Anyone out there feeling the same way? I try so hard to sit down and focus but for some reason I can't take a full test without getting bored or feeling out of focus. Any tips?

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Where do you go to take practice tests? Do you bring along computer, phone etc..?
  • ellie1991ellie1991 Alum Member
    237 karma
    Usually a starbucks or a library. and yes I have to bring a laptop so after the test I can put all the answers to get my score...and phone yes always :p
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Those locations are fine, and a combination might best prepare you for any level of noise on test day. But just make sure both are away from friends etc.. that might disrupt you. For now, I'd stick with the library until you get better with focus issues.

Can't you print out the answer sheet and use that after the test to get your score?

Pretend as though the test you are taking is the one that counts. After all, the score you get on practice tests is generally an approximate reflection of your ultimate score.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Sounds like a little burnout going on... I would take a few days off, if not a week... You don't want to keep pushing too hard and then you feel this way on game day.
  • ellie1991ellie1991 Alum Member
    237 karma
    Thank you both for advices. Yeah I think im trying too hard same time need to have less distractions around to help with my focusing. Test nerves are showing up for sure haha. Thanks again. :)
  • Student...Student... Member
    298 karma
    Your physical conditions matter a great deal too. Make sure you get enough sleep, eat well, and exercise. I've never tried it personally, but some people on this forum are recommending regular meditation too.