Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Idea/Request for the site.

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
in General 1024 karma
Is there anyway we can add a grader to the problem set sections? This way after the course is completed I can view my overall percentage of where I missed the most and work accordingly. Would also be nice to revisit these problems mixed up to truly see if I have understood the concepts without knowing the type of problem I am working on.

Thanks

Comments

• lschoolgolschoolgo Member
    274 karma
    Related to the grader, is there a way to add scoring for retake of a PT without deleting the original score sheet?
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited January 2016 4344 karma
    @LSATKingsman said:
    Is there anyway we can add a grader to the problem set sections?
    @lschoolgo said:
    add scoring for retake
    @"Alan Cheuk" I know we were talking about this (retake scores) before—I personally would record my original score in the "note" (you could record LR/LR/LG/RC scores in the note as well).
  • lschoolgolschoolgo Member
    274 karma
    it's easier to simply have the previous scoring be retrievable as you can't note what you answered for every question

@LSATKingsman said:
    Is there anyway we can add a grader to the problem set sections?

@lschoolgo said:
    add scoring for retake

@"Alan Cheuk" I know we were talking about this (retake scores) before—I personally would record my original score in the "note" (you could record LR/LR/LG/RC scores in the note as well).
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    No one is debating what would be easier for the user. Nicole was just providing a solution as a compromise given the current status quo. Rewriting the code to do this is easier said than done.
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma
    Hey guys, sorry these are not things that are going to happen in the near future.

Though we can't implement everything, please do keep posting suggestions. Thank you.
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    @"J.Y. Ping" awesome of you to respond! I suspect you are quite busy keeping up with material and explanations instead of worry about site features haha. thanks.
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    You could always print out your original breakdown to see what your initial score was versus the new one. I have a spreadsheet I will be using..
  • Fish0701Fish0701 Member
    133 karma
    Is it possible to list the "target time" for each LG in the context of the section as a whole, instead of per a game?
  • Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
    edited January 2016 813 karma
    @lschoolgo for the purpose of a retake, in order to have a record of each and every question I answer in my first take, I just reduce the zoom level of my browser and take couple of screenshots, i think the number comes around five and then enter my retake answers. I can then track if I am still making the same mistakes again.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    There is also also an export feature. I used this before I wiped my PT scores.

For awhile I was using the BR score as my new PT score in retakes, but then that became confusing.

I'm about to do another major wipe of scores to start fresh but will export it all first.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Just a suggestion, use excel. Create an excel sheet. Label one row PT X, S X, Q X (test, section, question). Then, have one column labeled "Answer," one labeled "BR," and one labeled "R/W" (right or wrong). Keep the excel sheet open in the background, and input the information as you move along.
    When ready, use the R/W column to determine accuracy percentage.
    You can also organize the excel sheet by section (LR, RC, LG) and question type (MSS, SA, etc.).
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @Fish0701 said:
    Is it possible to list the "target time" for each LG in the context of the section as a whole, instead of per a game?
    When JY gives target times in the videos, he's always referring to the game in context of the section (he bases those times off of when he himself takes each PT).
  • cjones76cjones76 Alum Member
    318 karma
    @stepharizona said:
    There is also also an export feature. I used this before I wiped my PT scores.

For awhile I was using the BR score as my new PT score in retakes, but then that became confusing.
    I was using my BR score as my retake too. Then I made a spreadsheet, but got lazy about entering it all in on my own. I didn't realize there was an export function. Thanks!! I will be using that now!
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    No problem! Yeah the features a little hidden but AMAZING!!!
  • Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
    813 karma
    Where is the export feature? I can't find it
  • beth.flandersbeth.flanders Alum Member
    212 karma
    @"Grey Warden" the export button can be found under the Resources - LSAT Analytics' menu. Then click on the Questions Table Tab and scroll to the very bottom of the screen. You can then copy and paste into excel.