Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Must be true (MBT)

Martin01Martin01 Member
edited January 2016 in Logical Reasoning 343 karma
Hi:

When the stimulus is conditional oriented, I do well on this question type. However, when there are no conditional statements, I am totally lost.

Can someone please give me assistance???
Admin note: Please don't post titles in all caps!

Comments

• pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
    edited January 2016 477 karma
    look for main point /author's view
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    In addition to that I always try to think if the other choices could be eliminated in any possible way. It's not that that hey have to be false, but could they be sometimes... A MBT has to be true all of the time in all conditions outlined by the stimulus. Once I started of thinking of the within that framework I improved on these quickly.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    @Martin01 Do you have an example of a question that gives you trouble? Most MBT questions are based on conditional reasoning but it's sometimes a little hard to see it as such
  • cjones76cjones76 Alum Member
    318 karma
    for MBT I really critically analyze each answer choice and pay attention to the language. A lot of incorrect answer choices go to far ie: X never did Y, No Y is X, etc. Pay attention to how strong the language is and see if there is enough support to make that conclusion in the answer choice.