Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Group NYC 2016

waterpushwaterpush Alum Member
edited January 2016 in General 9 karma
I'm looking to start a study group for NYC area. I am personally studying for the June test. It could be a BR group. Anything really. I just think that studying together is a lot more motivating than studying alone.

Comments

• katshimmmkatshimmm Member
    53 karma
    i am definitely interested. i am taking both feb and perhaps june depending on how things go in feb.
  • Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    edited January 2016 1332 karma
    I'm interested in meeting up and getting a sense of where we are in our studies. Im free during the week after 5:30pm in Manhattan.
  • choilo03choilo03 Member
    10 karma
    I'm interested as well. I'm studying for the June test and free after work in Manhattan.
  • NikNYCNikNYC Member
    100 karma
    This is great ! I will be ok with most of weekdays and weekends
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    This is a great idea, guys. I formed a NYC study group with 7sage members as well. It's great to build a support network and blind review in person.
    1332 karma
    Are folks interested in meeting up in the next week or two?

@alexandergreene93 any advise on how best to coordinate the meet ups and/or suggestions on locations? Thanks!
  • NikNYCNikNYC Member
    100 karma
    Due to most of people here can join it after works, Should we get the first meet up after6 on Monday in Manhattan ? Do you guys have any thought where to meet ?thanks !!!
    1332 karma
    This upcoming Monday at 6pm works for me.

Depending on how many of us Cafe Bean on 32nd and Bway or Gregory's on 30th and 7th might work well.
  • waterpushwaterpush Alum Member
    9 karma
    Monday at 6pm works great for me too. Either of those locations sound great, although I have a slight preference for the 32nd and bway location. Just so the meeting is relatively focused (as I haven't done this before), what would be the discussion topic?
  • NikNYCNikNYC Member
    edited January 2016 100 karma
    that sounds great ! Btw , i m Nikolas. May we spend half an hour to work on the following schedule at 6 on Monday ? Cafe bean on 32 nd street works ! And Let's confirm it on Sunday's night. Please keep me updated if you have any thought about the topic .
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @"Gladiator_2015" said:
    any advise on how best to coordinate the meet ups and/or suggestions on locations? Thanks!
    My study buddy lived a few blocks away and we used to BR at her apartment. We used to BR two PTs a week and towards the end we did 3 PTs. We usually just went over circled questions, but towards the end we went over every single question. It really depends on your level though. We we both PTing in the 170s, so we didn't feel the need to go over every single question on most exams. Hope this helps!
    1332 karma
    Hey, I'm still good with meeting tomorrow (Monday) at 6pm at Cafe Bene, 39 West 32nd Street. @duey.ho , @katshimmm , @choilo03 , @Nikolaschen are you guys still confirmed to meet up?

• waterpushwaterpush Alum Member
    9 karma
    Yes. I'm confirmed. Just the basics, I don't even know what Im looking for when I get to Cafe Bene. Whoever gets there first, could they give some sort of hint they are part of the LSAT group? Maybe put a LSAT book out on the table or something that makes it obvious.
  • NikNYCNikNYC Member
    100 karma
    Yes I m confirmed
  • SlightEdgeSlightEdge Free Trial Member
    11 karma
    Hi, can I join tonight?
    1332 karma
    I'm going to try to get there around 5:30 to grab a table. I'll have a piece of paper with "7sage" written on it.

My name is Maryann, I'll be wearing glasses and a teal blouse.

@slightedge hope you can make it. I figure the more the merrier.