Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How should a morning person prepare for June LSAT?

kombuchakombucha Alum Member
edited February 2016 in General 202 karma
Hello,
I usually try to wake up around 6 - 7 AM to go work or study. Since I am taking the June LSAT and want to condition my mornings as close as possible to the morning of June 6th, how should a morning person best prepare before taking the PTs/LSAT exam at 12:30 PM? Does anybody have any special routine that has worked for them leading up to 12:30 PM without hitting a mid-afternoon slump? Possibly how to keep your brain functioning at peak level?

Comments

• runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    I wake up 6-7 AM as well for work and to drop off kids, so I expect I'll do that Monday June 6th as well. Even though I'm used to getting up early, I actually like that the June test is in the afternoon, since it would be impossible for me to PT mid-morning (work and all). I do all my PT's in the afternoon/evening after work, and I figure that if anything, I'm likely to be fresher at 1pm after a day of doing nothing than I usually am at 4-5pm after a day of work.
    If you can do PT's around the time of the test, that would be of course ideal, and you have plenty of time to tweak things until June. If you're working and have some flexibility with arranging your work tasks, try to schedule some of your most mentally challenging ones mid-afternoon to see how different lunch/coffee/bathroom break regimens affect you.
    Some things to think about - do you feel less sluggish if you've had a light lunch and a snack during break, or do you absolutely need a substantial lunch (I can't think when I'm hungry). If you need a good lunch, practice eating it relatively early (like 11-11:30). The exam likely won't start before 1pm, so you should be over the "digestion slump" by then.
    Do you need coffee? How fast does it wear off for you? Probably don't want to gulp down a Grande right before getting into the testing room, but an espresso shot might be OK.
    The one thing you really need to practice for at least the weekend before the test is the timing of food/coffee and bathroom breaks to make sure they don't interfere with the test.
    I'm sure others will chime in with more organized thoughts, but I'd say just thinking about it so far in advance gives you a leg up!