Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breaks During 4 Section PT

Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
in General 1650 karma
When do people tend to schedule their breaks during 4 section PTs?

2 Sections, break, 2 Sections? Or 3 Sections, Break, then 1 Section?

I'm asking because I feel like it's important to be able to get through 3 sections before the break, but at the same time I feel like 1 section after the break is too little to lock in. Thoughts?

Comments

• AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    I personally take 3 sections before the break whenever I take a 4 section PT. Feel free to switch it up though!
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    The 7Sage proctor breaks the 4 section simulation after 3 sections, and that's what I'd do as well. It tests your capacity to keep going for 3 straight sections without a break (and I'm not just talking about mental stamina here :-).
    I'm sure you will, but you should try at least a couple of 5 section PT's, just to make sure you don't wilt on that last section. Unless you see a marked decrease in performance for 5 vs 4 I don't think you need to take all your PT's as 5 section, but some would be beneficial. And make sure the "experimental" is an early section - you want to see how you do on fresh material when tired.
  • Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
    1018 karma
    I take a break after section 3, even if I'm only doing a 4 section PT. That fatigue is real.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    You're better off taking your break after the 3rd section. That way you're more likely to experience that "Oh gosh! I'm tired!!!" feeling during PT so you can prepare for it for the actual test - or, increase endurance to combat it.
    If you constantly take your break after the second section (something that never happens on the actual exam) you won't know what it feels like to do 3 sections without a break in between.