Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Feb. LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• katarinakatarina Free Trial Member
    34 karma
    I think RC was really hard :/
  • eastringeastring Alum Member
    109 karma
    I had LR RC LR LG LR and I thought the LG was super easy, RC average and two LRs slightly more difficult than usual. I wonder which one was the experimental.
  • katarinakatarina Free Trial Member
    34 karma
    Where did my comment go lol
    I said RC was really hard :/ experimental logic games - I almost had a fit when I was on the game about horses. Hope they will never use it on real test. The real logic games section was really nice. It's possible to maybe miss only one or two questions in a very last last game. The first LR was okay. One with question about oak trees and leaves or about disagreement over immediate expanding of streets in historic center. The second LR was tricky tricky. The one with treadmill versus activities in nature in it
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    This music awards question and the gala question are the same question.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Thanks, updated!
  • enchristenchrist Free Trial Member
    14 karma
    Real LR (I only had two sections):
    Election campaign promises/harming the public
    Too many traffic tickets
  • ultimate176ultimate176 Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    For those who had 2 LG, was the one with race horses/tracks experimental?
    edited February 2016 14 karma
    @ultimate176 said:
    For those who had 2 LG, was the one with race horses/tracks experimental?
    Yes, it was experimental.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    @ellie1991 That's awful. Was the time at least eventually extended?
  • 2RARE2CARE2RARE2CARE Member
    edited February 2016 248 karma
    That RC was just complete bullshit. I read that third passage and almost had no idea what the fuck I just read. How can you even prepare for that shit. I graduated top of my class in undergrad so I think I have a decent level of intelligence but that was just brutal. Compared to older LSATS.. Lol
  • samskyesmomsamskyesmom Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    Wolf subspecies was real. I had 2 LG.
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    @2RARE2CARE what was the topic on the 3 RC passage do u remember?
  • tttinmantttinman Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    LG with G, K and L?
    248 karma
    @as5324therapy it was comparative. I had the real RC as it was my only RC section. If you had two, name the subject matter of each and I can confirm
  • splitter91splitter91 Free Trial Member
    19 karma
    @enchrist said:
    Too many traffic tickets
    Any more details on this one? I don't remember.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    So just curious what the opinion is of those who also took the exam in December about the differences between it and this one? Was this re-take harder, easier, about the same? Also anything particular you wish you had studied or practiced more before the February exam?
  • splitter91splitter91 Free Trial Member
    19 karma
    @Sheri123 said:
    Was this re-take harder, easier, about the same?
    Much easier. Wish I had practiced RC more.
  • TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma
    I had two logic games sections, and they were both more difficult than anything I've ever done. Rules were vague...some games gave like two rules, and I'm not sure if it was nerves but I just could not make any inferences. LG is usually my 100% section, so I'm a bit nervous...just thankful it's done with.
  • TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma
    Also...someone in my sitting brought a phone into the room, and the proctor was WAY to chill about it and let him keep it in the room at another desk. And she didn't collect tests during the break which has me on edge.
    14 karma
    @splitter91 I think it was the first question in the section, a disagreement question about a guy having a lot of/too many traffic violations or tickets
  • jesuschristjesuschrist Free Trial Member
    edited February 2016 16 karma
    Does ANYONE that had 2 LRs remember a hospital quality of care/pain question? Q. 3 or 5 out of 25.
    14 karma
    @jesuschrist I had 2 LRs and I don't remember it in either section
  • jesuschristjesuschrist Free Trial Member
    16 karma
    @enchrist ahh shit. oh well.
  • stephgmeisterstephgmeister Alum Member
    100 karma
    I had 2 RC's, one comparative was on happiness and the other was on sprawls. So I think the sprawl one is real, also the first passage for the other one was really hard and on geology and volcanoes if I can remember correctly, I remember I thought I really efffed up and then when I got another RC which was the one on shrubs, I thought the test had given me a second chance!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Also did anyone else who is familiar with usual LSAT answer sheets find it interesting that this time, instead of asking how we prepared for the LSAT, they instead asked of our familiarity with smartphones, touch-screens, and reading long passages on the computer. Does this mean LSAT will make the switch to computer-based examinations instead of the hand-written ones? If so, how do you guys feel about that? I personally prefer it the way it currently is, besides being so costly of course :P
  • leeban92leeban92 Free Trial Member
    60 karma
    I'm surprised people found this test easier than December. I took the December test as a prep test and felt better then I do now
  • ellie1991ellie1991 Alum Member
    237 karma
    @leeban92 I Agree this was harder than December one for sure.
    237 karma
    @danielznelson nope she didnt do that. She didnt care. Pissed everyone off.
  • ranxu_2015ranxu_2015 Member
    39 karma
    ok am I the only one who thinks RC was alright but game was hard?
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    @montahar That is very interesting! I had the regular preparation question. Maybe they're surveying different regions sooner than others?
  • 410 karma
    @LSATKingsman said:
    @jeff.wongkachi can you say another word about absinthe. I can't remember this word from a question?
    Hey man, it had to do with a certain chemical inside absinthe
  • 410 karma
    @stephgmeister said:
    I had 2 RC's, one comparative was on happiness and the other was on sprawls. So I think the sprawl one is real, also the first passage for the other one was really hard and on geology and volcanoes if I can remember correctly, I remember I thought I really efffed up and then when I got another RC which was the one on shrubs, I thought the test had given me a second chance!
    Oh dude, now I remember! Yeah, I had those 2 RC sections too. I remember thinking the exact same thing. The happiness comparative passage really messed me up, so when I got the shrubs RC section as my last, I was so happy, it felt like I at least had a chance to make it work. And it was much better!

It makes sense, since I normally have really good timing for RC.
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    @2RARE2CARE had only 1RC just everything was a blur Txs
    248 karma
    I think the LR was a bit harder and the RC was hard but the easy LG made up for it..
  • gianni_104gianni_104 Free Trial Member
    6 karma
    anyone who wants to talk hit me up on twitter. angel_cortez78
  • gianni_104gianni_104 Free Trial Member
    6 karma
    I thought the test was really hard compared to all of the practice test I have been taking. I am hoping it was hard for everyone and it will reflect in the curve. Otherwise Ill be back in June
  • LeoA1994LeoA1994 Member
    77 karma
    Was the LR question on lobbyists and regulation/deregulation real or experimental section?
    60 karma
    @ellie1991 Yes, do you think it was nerves as well or was the test just more difficult
    60 karma
    @gianni_104 it was more difficult for me as well, I hope the scoring scale is more laxed
    edited February 2016 60 karma
    @ranxu_2015 The second game I didn't get at all, I had the rules but couldn't answer the first question, it was bizarre
  • tyhorowitztyhorowitz Free Trial Member
    edited February 2016 5 karma
    Was the LG with G, K and L real or experimental ?
  • bethyfbethyf Free Trial Member
    7 karma
    I had 2 LG and I can remember barely anything about them except I did good on one and bad on the other. Do people agree that the experimental ones were hard? or are there any more hint words besides the ones that have been listed so far that can help me remember? Was there a real one with F, G, K?
  • Juan_johnJuan_john Alum Member
    15 karma
    From what has been said here and in Reddit , the harder LG appears to be experimental, the one with the race horses.
    I really thought the easy one was the experimental, It felt easy.
    Or just 7sage made it feel that way.
  • jameskalcheimjameskalcheim Free Trial Member
    edited February 2016 8 karma
    I had there LR sections (1,3,5) and was wondering if anybody who had that configuration knows which one was experimental (hoping it was the 5th). However, I'm also not sure if somebody with this same configuration of LR 1/3/5 could have had their first LR expiremental whereas my 3rd or 5th was experimental...
    60 karma
    @jameskalcheim I had that order, though the actual experiential sexton. might be placed differently. I think section 3 was experimental for me, section 1 was definitely real
  • nicolitanicolita Free Trial Member
    edited February 2016 3 karma
    Yes the sections Dillon cites are the real ones.
    I had 2 RC sections-- the last one (the real one, unfortunately) with the Native American/African American sculptor who studied in Rome; workers' rights and workers being able to have a say on corporate policy--- and the highly annoying confusing passages on suburban/urban sprawl (I still don't know how to describe the passage it was so confusing) and the even more annoyingly abstruse and boring passage on shrubs and hedges.
    The only LG section I had was the furniture (mirrors, pillows, sofas); conferences (Madrid, London, Paris); and bookstore/authors.
    I only had 2 LR sections and the topics were the same as Dillon cites above.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    @ellie1991 That's ridiculous. Do you know if you are going to contact LSAC about this? I'm not sure if it is recommended to do so with an issue like this, but that's a huge deal. I'd be livid.
  • ranxu_2015ranxu_2015 Member
    39 karma
    @leeban92 said:
    @ranxu_2015 The second game I didn't get at all, I had the rules but couldn't answer the first question, it was bizarre
    exactly! I screwed up the entire section for that single game. it used to be my 100% part :(
    60 karma
    @ranxu_2015 That sucks, I would get 18-20 points on a LG section but that 2nd game threw me off. I was also shaky on the 4th game, hopefully games 1 and 3 went well
    237 karma
    @leeban92 nerves can be apart of it but really think it was harder than any prac-test i have ever taken. Only time will tell.