Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Older (53+) Law Students at T14??

Almost a BoomerAlmost a Boomer Alum Member
in General 384 karma
I'am depressed and anxious... Does anybody know anyone who was accepted to T-14 as an older (again, 53+ years old) applicant? If one had all the right numbers (LSAT and GPA at or above 50% of those accepted), do you think age would preclude them from being accepted? Does anyone know?!!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    It's not business school.. There is relatively little to no age discrimination. If you've got the numbers and other qualifications then you're good to go. There are people in their 60s and 70s that get into the T14.
  • Almost a BoomerAlmost a Boomer Alum Member
    384 karma
    Thanks for your comment/encouragement @pacifico!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    No problem, I've talked to consultants about this issue before and you have nothing to worry about.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    edited February 2016 1654 karma
    @taehyung said:
    I'am depressed and anxious... Does anybody know anyone who was accepted to T-14 as an older (again, 53+ years old) applicant? If one had all the right numbers (LSAT and GPA at or above 50% of those accepted), do you think age would preclude them from being accepted? Does anyone know?!!
    While you are unlikely to encounter discrimination in the admissions process, your age will preclude you from certain jobs. If you want to go to law school for the academic pursuit or to aid you in your current business, that's great, but Biglaw is likely out of the question. Just study hard and ace the LSAT, and you should be good to go. Best of luck!