Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 59 RC really hard?

guitarnaraguitarnara Alum Member
edited March 2016 in General 365 karma
Hi,

I was averaging a good -3 to -7(hard ones) on RC.
PT 59 RC section killed me... -11

I got 167. Did okay on other 3 sections.

The worst part of it is that I felt good about the RC.
I thought I nailed the section. Had some time left, at the end, to review the questions.
Bad sign right???? Confidence error?

Comments

• runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    It's just one PT. And it didn't completely ruin your score, so probably it was the most difficult section of the thing - even if it wasn't in an abstract statistical sort of way, it happened to hit all of your weak points. But it's still just one PT, and its job is to teach you where your weak spots are, and it looks like it did that. BR if you haven't already, watch the explanations, ask around if you're still not sure, learn everything you need to know from it then do the Elsa and let it go.
    The only test where the score matters is the real thing, and there's plenty of time to improve from here (not that 167 is not already a pretty decent score).
    You've got this!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @runiggyrun said:
    But it's still just one PT, and its job is to teach you where your weak spots are, and it looks like it did that.
    What a great learning opportunity! As @allison.gill.sanford has said, reflect on the RC section from a role as a teacher to isolate where the discrepancy is from past PT's. Your situation with this one section in one PT is exactly why it is recommended to take as many PT's as you can (within reason) to expose and learn from your weaknesses before sitting for the actual test.
    @runiggyrun said:
    learn everything you need to know from it then do the Elsa and let it go.
    Keep at it and never let the Highs nor the Lows of any individual PT affect your performance on the next:)
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    Yup! Definitely part of the learning process - I see it as an opportunity to study your own test taking, and don't read into it unless it actually becomes a pattern.